The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Will you still be here on Sat? We have our National Day rehearsals. Fireworks on the bay! I should be shooting somewhere along the Bay...and you welcome to meet up if you like.
That's so thoughtful of you and I would have loved to have done that. But I am back home in England now, and have been for over a week. I planned that badly, didn't I?

P. Chong

No worries...would have been nice...but nevertheless, I will try and shoot this Sat and share the pics.

Love your pics Ed.

That's so thoughtful of you and I would have loved to have done that. But I am back home in England now, and have been for over a week. I planned that badly, didn't I?

drunkenspyder

Glorious!

I see Antares and Scorpio. What's lighting the horizon? Moonrise?

Matt
Yes indeed Matt. That was the biggest challenge on this shot. Along with some high clouds and horizon haze, there were only a few minutes of sufficient dark to see the start of the Milky Way before the full moon started blowing it all out. But the early moonlight, while it was still below the horizon, was attractive.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Looking at the SWC thread reminds me how much I liked the square format from my Rolleiflex days. This one is from the Northwest Territories, near Yellowknife. XF/150/80.

vieri

Northern lights over Kirkjufells, Iceland

The amazing northern lights over Kirkjufells, in Iceland.*16 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D & Hasselblad XCD 21mm.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

beano_z

One from ground level this time, shot last week, during a miserable sunrise, I did post the BTS images in the dedicated thread.

Pudong CBD behind the Waibaidu Bridge, shot from Zhapu Bridge over the Suzhou river in Shanghai

ALPA 12 Max | IQ4 150MP | Rodie 32mm | f/11.0 | 120sec | ISO50

P0000616 Shanghai Sunrise - 06-Jun-2019.jpg

drunkenspyder

Re: Northern lights over Kirkjufells, Iceland

The amazing northern lights over Kirkjufells, in Iceland.*16 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D & Hasselblad XCD 21mm.

Vieri
Wow, Vieri, that is just beautiful.

D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Northern lights over Kirkjufells, Iceland

Vieri
Wow!! Absolutely brilliant!! And yes, that is an amazing sight and photograph. Thanks for sharing, Vieri.

Joe

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Perspective Correction: A Cautionary Tale

Once upon a time, a photographer went out in the woods and took a picture using a Canon 24 TS-E lens on an X1D. As it was hand-held, it required a tiny bit perspective correction:

The X1D, being a magic camera, promised him the same image using only a smaller wider lens. So the photographer went back the next day with an XCD 21mm lens :

His camera angle wasn't very elevated, but it was a very wide lens. The photographer thanked the magic camera and went back to his cottage to process the image. But when he corrected the verticals, he received a nasty surprise:

The camera had tricked him! The final crop was unsatisfactory - both from losing the corners and from wasting too much of the image:

The moral of the story: Use an honest shift lens or tech cam if you can! Or, at least, practice more with your wide to guarantee the coverage you want. And don't listen to talking cameras!

The End

Matt

Last edited:

tsjanik

Once upon a time, a photographer went out in the woods and took a picture using a Canon 24 TS-E lens on an X1D. As it was hand-held, it required a tiny bit perspective correction:

........ The photographer thanked the magic camera and went back to his cottage to process the image. But when he corrected the verticals, he received a nasty surprise:

The moral of the story: Use an honest shift lens or tech cam if you can! Or, at least, practice more with your wide to guarantee the coverage you want. And don't listen to talking cameras!

The End

Matt
LOL Matt. Last week:

Attachments

mristuccia

Currently being in Corleone - Sicily.
Going beyond the well-known stereotype, this place offers beautiful landscapes, precious churches and welcoming people.

drunkenspyder

<SNIP>

The End

Matt
Love it! Very funny. On a serious note, has anyone tried the Canon 17TS on the Hassy? It worked well with my Cambo and Trichro, but its resolution is not up to the challenge of the IQ4. Am thinking on the Hassy, it might work well. Per Vieri’s recommendation, I already have the Voigtlander 15 on my Hassy, and I rather like it. But the Canon 17, bulbous front element and all, might be nice to have in the bag sometimes. Or maybe my Nikon 19PC.
P.S. Which adapter do you like? Fotodiox or TechArt or Cambo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.