The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenspyder

Doubtful Sound, South New Zealand

B0003118_Panorama1-FrameShop.jpg

X1D | 21mm | f/5 | 1/250 | ISO 100 | 2-image horizontal stitch. Not quite as sharp as I would like. Handheld on a moving boat.

dave.gt

Great work, EJ and Greg!!! Super clean, lovely images. My poor attempt this morning is way too noisy but it was fun using a camera that is not known for low light shooting. But I wanted to see how it would do with a 10-stop ND Filter. To check my results, I used my ever-present Leica X1 because it is excellent in low light.

Sunrise at the Lake Leica X1 June 27, 2019.jpg

Sure enough, that snapshot with the diminutive Leica X1 was super clean but the surprising thing was how well the colors matched with its big brother even though it was used a few minutes later. I wish I had the time to shoot long exposures with it, too, this morning, but those fish beckoned... and time was running out, so I grabbed my flyrod.:) My take-away, the X1 will get a lot more use as a backup!

So, next up is the H5D-50c.

It may be awhile before the skies cooperate, though! And when it is ready, the next outing will be with it, followed with the film backs loaded with VELVIA.:thumbup:

drunkenspyder

Great work, EJ and Greg!!! Super clean, lovely images. My poor attempt this morning is way too noisy but it was fun using a camera that is not known for low light shooting. But I wanted to see how it would do with a 10-stop ND Filter. To check my results, I used my ever-present Leica X1 because it is excellent in low light.

Sure enough, that snapshot with the diminutive Leica X1 was super clean but the surprising thing was how well the colors matched with its big brother even though it was used a few minutes later. I wish I had the time to shoot long exposures with it, too, this morning, but those fish beckoned... and time was running out, so I grabbed my flyrod.:) My take-away, the X1 will get a lot more use as a backup!

So, next up is the H5D-50c.

It may be awhile before the skies cooperate, though! And when it is ready, the next outing will be with it, followed with the film backs loaded with VELVIA.:thumbup:
I like both renditions Dave. Different tones and moods. Love the color.

vieri

Reynisdrangar, Iceland

The amazing sea stacks of Reynisdrangar, in Iceland :) A 203 second long exposure created with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

drunkenspyder

Re: Reynisdrangar, Iceland

The amazing sea stacks of Reynisdrangar, in Iceland :) A 203 second long exposure created with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.
Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Wow.

vjbelle

Doubtful Sound, South New Zealand

X1D | 21mm | f/5 | 1/250 | ISO 100 | 2-image horizontal stitch. Not quite as sharp as I would like. Handheld on a moving boat.
Handheld from a moving boat?? 2 image horizontal stitch?? You get the image award of the year!!:thumbup:

Victor

B L

Re: The Monastery in Petra, Jordan

The Monastery in Petra, Jordan, early morning - been running for about 1 and a half our since the opening at 6am... For 5km and about 800m Height to get the shots without people... Phase One IQ4150, Alpa STC, Rodenstock 70mm...

View attachment 142620
Superb. Its cleaner than what I saw in NatGeo some years ago.

AlanS

In the spirit of Dan's "A modern SWC" I set my GFX to square, set film to Across and put a 28mm lens I had lying about on....:D

dave.gt

It has been awhile since I posted any work with the Hasselblad. So, I walked outside in the noonday blazing sun, shot the first lone rose I came to, and five minutes later...

H5D-50c:
Knockout by Hasselblad 8x8 FINAL.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.