The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

A couple more...
Nice shots and B&W conversions.

I have that lens as well (bought it 2nd hand for 5 € :bugeyes:). Does it cover the entire sensor or just the central 33x33 square (or even slightly smaller)? Anyway, cropping square is a nice compromise to use these old/small lenses on a MF camera as a tribute to the old 6x6 film cameras.

onasj

Some street-style wedding photography taking advantage of the IQ4's remarkable high ISO performance. Both shots were hand-held, ISO 12,800, f/2.8, 1/400s, IQ4 + XF + SK 80/2.8 BR, no flash, with very little ambient light (it was dark outside, late evening wedding reception, with only ambient glow lighting the buildings outside and Christmas tree-style ornamental lights at the perimeter of the tent). Pulled about 1 stop in post (so ISO ~25,000 effectively).

P0001906-Sea of friends and family-bw-tiny2.jpg

P0001795-Cigall and Richard hands-bw+v-tiny.jpg

AlanS

Does it cover the entire sensor or just the central 33x33 square (or even slightly smaller)?
Hi Pieter, it does cover the full sensor with a small amount of vignetting but the far corners are smeared. I have only used it for the square format and it seems ok for that. It does not have a great reputation but at f5.6 & 8 as used here, it seems ok. I am wondering if the 24mm (much better reputation) version might cover as good?

drunkenspyder

More a proof of concept. Took the Nikon 19PC on the Hassy to Mono Lake. Sunrise was over quickly, despite the promising buttermilk clouds. This is a six image stitch of a full left to right shift. I used Photoshop for the merge, but I may go back into PT-GUI and see if I can get a little better. The lens has little vignetting on the Hassy, but is prone to some softness in the edges and corners. I used the Fotodiox adapter, and had it cranked wide open [no mechanical aperture control on this lens], which appears to have zero effect either way. It just sits wide open, as does the lens.Focus peaking works reasonably well with this lens, focus was on the near rocks, and in the full-res image, you can see the softness in the towers in the water.

If you've been to this spot, you know just how close the tufa towers actually are, and just how wide this field of view is, as the rocks on your sides are very nearly at your side. For me, this is a promising choice for the light backpack when day traveling. I need to try it next on some building interiors.

9DCDCA74-98F7-4A2B-893C-3BA98C499609.jpeg

X1D | Nikkor 19PC | F/4 | 1/6s | ISO 100

Status
Not open for further replies.