The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

From the serene monk at the entrance of Yoyogi, to the Rock and Roll culture of some seniors at the same park. Hasselblad H3D-39.

With the HCD28

yoyogi-rocknroll.jpg

The next two are with the HCD80.

dancer.jpg

dancers.jpg

Craig Stocks

Most people know better than to walk into their scene while wearing a red headlamp. Most people, but not everybody.

Cathedral Gorge State Park, Nevada. Phase One XF/IQ4150, 35mm BR lens. The foreground was blended from two frames. The sky was from 6 frames stacked and averaged in Photoshop. The foreground exposures were ISO 2000, 30 seconds @ f/4.0. The sky frames were ISO 1600, 120 seconds @ f/4.0.

FWIW, I don't expect to use in-camera frame averaging for astro-landscape photos. Even with a tracking mount there is some drift between frames so each frame has to be aligned before averaging. There are dedicated programs to stack and average but I've had better luck doing it by hand in Photoshop.

Attachments

drunkenspyder

Most people know better than to walk into their scene while wearing a red headlamp. Most people, but not everybody.

Cathedral Gorge State Park, Nevada. Phase One XF/IQ4150, 35mm BR lens. The foreground was blended from two frames. The sky was from 6 frames stacked and averaged in Photoshop. The foreground exposures were ISO 2000, 30 seconds @ f/4.0. The sky frames were ISO 1600, 120 seconds @ f/4.0.

FWIW, I don't expect to use in-camera frame averaging for astro-landscape photos. Even with a tracking mount there is some drift between frames so each frame has to be aligned before averaging. There are dedicated programs to stack and average but I've had better luck doing it by hand in Photoshop.
Hilarious, and I love it!

vieri

A Vestrahorn sunrise

The iconic Vestrahorn, in Iceland, on a March sunrise. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 and the always impressive Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Satrycon

Re: A Vestrahorn sunrise

Beautiful shot...As Usual ;)

The iconic Vestrahorn, in Iceland, on a March sunrise. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 and the always impressive Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

The ice goes out, Utsingi Point, Northwest Territories. This is the East Arm of Great Slave lake, the deepest lake in North America. Picture taken on the first day of summer! XF/150/80 mm.

P. Chong

From a job in 2012, photographed for a company dealing in port operations. The Singapore port at dusk. 5 panel stitch with the Hasselblad H3D-39 and HC50-110 set at 110mm.

8.jpg

tsjanik

I realize that sunset shots may be regarded in the same category as cat photos, so I hesitate, but this is really a shot of the clouds :)

I am a member of a local arts organization and sell some prints through their studio tours. I also sell through restaurants and galleries. The purchase of a print requires expense and space to display. This year, after attending a print workshop, I was convinced to produce a book of local Lake Erie photos in an attempt to reach a wider audience. I am really happy with the results and the reactions have been very satisfying. I would recommend any poster here to consider such a project; it was fun to do and produces an affordable piece. If interested, you can see the entire book by following the link and then clicking "read now". Like most projects, once it's out the door, there are aspects you wish you could change/remove/add etc., but overall I'm happy with this and the reproduction is spot on.
Tom

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1592303

Attachments

jng

Tom,

Beautiful image. There's nothing wrong per se with sunset/sunrise or cat pics, as long as they are well done and stand out in some way from the crowd. But I'm not suggesting we carried away with a new thread called Fun with Cat Pics. :ROTFL:

And thanks for sharing the link to your book. It's great how you captured so many different moods along the lake. "Fire and Ice" stands out for me.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.