The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I realize that sunset shots may be regarded in the same category as cat photos, so I hesitate, but this is really a shot of the clouds :)

I am a member of a local arts organization and sell some prints through their studio tours. I also sell through restaurants and galleries. The purchase of a print requires expense and space to display. This year, after attending a print workshop, I was convinced to produce a book of local Lake Erie photos in an attempt to reach a wider audience. I am really happy with the results and the reactions have been very satisfying. I would recommend any poster here to consider such a project; it was fun to do and produces an affordable piece. If interested, you can see the entire book by following the link and then clicking "read now". Like most projects, once it's out the door, there are aspects you wish you could change/remove/add etc., but overall I'm happy with this and the reproduction is spot on.
Tom

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1592303
Tom,

Thank you for sharing the "Lake Erie" photo book. The images are remarkable.
Well done!!

Pramote

tsjanik

Tom,

Thank you for sharing the "Lake Erie" photo book. The images are remarkable.
Well done!!

Pramote
Thanks Pramote and it's nice to see you back on the forum.

Tom,

Beautiful image. There's nothing wrong per se with sunset/sunrise or cat pics, as long as they are well done and stand out in some way from the crowd. But I'm not suggesting we carried away with a new thread called Fun with Cat Pics. :ROTFL:

And thanks for sharing the link to your book. It's great how you captured so many different moods along the lake. "Fire and Ice" stands out for me.

John
Thanks John. It's an interesting lake. Today feels and looks like the tropics, in 6 months it will look like the Arctic.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I realize that sunset shots may be regarded in the same category as cat photos, so I hesitate, but this is really a shot of the clouds :)

I am a member of a local arts organization and sell some prints through their studio tours. I also sell through restaurants and galleries. The purchase of a print requires expense and space to display. This year, after attending a print workshop, I was convinced to produce a book of local Lake Erie photos in an attempt to reach a wider audience. I am really happy with the results and the reactions have been very satisfying. I would recommend any poster here to consider such a project; it was fun to do and produces an affordable piece. If interested, you can see the entire book by following the link and then clicking "read now". Like most projects, once it's out the door, there are aspects you wish you could change/remove/add etc., but overall I'm happy with this and the reproduction is spot on.
Tom

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1592303

Love your work, Tom, especially the shelf clouds and the winter scenes. Congratulations!
I have published my books through Blurb, which has worked well for me and might prove to be a bit more permanent than I will be!

tsjanik

Love your work, Tom, especially the shelf clouds and the winter scenes. Congratulations!
I have published my books through Blurb, which has worked well for me and might prove to be a bit more permanent than I will be!
Thanks Bill. I attended a print workshop with Charlie Cramer and he showed me a book of his printed by MagCloud. MagCloud was started by HP and has been acquired by Blurb, but for now, they appear to function be separately. I like the 11x14" size and the lay flat feature of the spiral binding.

stngoldberg

This image is a composite of some medium format images along with some drone images..may not belong here because it’s a hybrid
These images were taken over the last few days at First Beach in Newport, RI
To be honest, my drone is noisy and most likely intrusive to people enjoying vacation time on the beach; I’ve decided to put it back in its case for the time being
Stanley

Attachments

P. Chong

I seldom shoot flowers, but did this one in 2013...Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC120 macro. Handheld, available light.

flower3-1920.jpg

tsjanik

Tom,

i absolutely love "Have a seat". There's something very special about that image as it appeals to my own personal aesthetic. :thumbs:
Thanks Graham. The colors and mood are reminiscent of a wonderful image you posted a few years ago. I believe it was a calm Puget Sound with silhouettes in the background; my favorite of yours.

tsjanik

This image is a composite of some medium format images along with some drone images..may not belong here because it’s a hybrid
These images were taken over the last few days at First Beach in Newport, RI
To be honest, my drone is noisy and most likely intrusive to people enjoying vacation time on the beach; I’ve decided to put it back in its case for the time being
Stanley
Stanley, this really interesting. I don't know how I would describe it, but it is an illustrative synopsis of a crowded eastern US beach. You're right about the drone.

stngoldberg

Stanley, this really interesting. I don't know how I would describe it, but it is an illustrative synopsis of a crowded eastern US beach. You're right about the drone.
Yes, it was fun to do, but it required long lenses from my Phase One and distance with my drone because in this society privacy has become a huge issue. The great street photographers of years past would not be able to function with impunity today.
I seem to get challenged daily as I scout for photographic “art.”
People ask who are you?...What do you intend to do with the picture?
Some guy asked me for a fee, when I took an image of his gas station.
Regarding the crowded beaches, in Newport today...July 4th...the beach parking lots were filled by 10:00AM...people waited for over two hours for a parking spot
The towns here are desperate for income and they sell over twice as many season beach passes as there is parking area.
Years ago There was no charge to go to the beach here. They made a profit selling food and drink and a hot dog was 50 cents with a Coke.
Stanley
Stanley

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.