The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

" Let Freedom Ring". Independence Day Fireworks in the Nations Capital, Washington D.C.
Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm.

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July holiday.

These are two preliminary images, hastily posted due to a personal time constraint. Hope in the near future to post a few more from this patriotic day of celebration. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

D&A

I realize that sunset shots may be regarded in the same category as cat photos, so I hesitate, but this is really a shot of the clouds :)

>>>>I am a member of a local arts organization and sell some prints through their studio tours. I also sell through restaurants and galleries. The purchase of a print requires expense and space to display. This year, after attending a print workshop, I was convinced to produce a book of local Lake Erie photos in an attempt to reach a wider audience. I am really happy with the results and the reactions have been very satisfying. I would recommend any poster here to consider such a project; it was fun to do and produces an affordable piece. If interested, you can see the entire book by following the link and then clicking "read now". Like most projects, once it's out the door, there are aspects you wish you could change/remove/add etc., but overall I'm happy with this and the reproduction is spot on.
Tom<<<<

Tom, absolutely wonderful, evocative images from a region that is near and dear to my heart. Superb work and you have every right to be extremely proud.

Dave (D&A)

AlanS

Hi Ed, do you have a version without the star trails? (did I tell you I hate star trails???? :banghead:) Love everything else but the trails! (rant over).

D

Deleted member 7792

A picture of Oxford I wanted to get for a long time. Appropriately enough, this building is called the Radcliffe Camera, dating back to 1737.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA lens.
Regularly used as the background in Morse, Inspector Lewis, and Endeavour episodes. I've never seen it in person.

BTW, I like star trails. :) And I like the photo very much. :thumbup:

Joe

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
A picture of Oxford I wanted to get for a long time. Appropriately enough, this building is called the Radcliffe Camera, dating back to 1737.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA lens.

[/url]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP1961-4360_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
I love everything about the picture especially the star trails without milky way :)
Don't listen to Alan. I know he's jealous of you :)
Similar to someone like Michael Kenna, when I see the pictures, I know right away, they are Ed Hurst's. You should be very proud of yourself. You have a "signature". It's fruitful of talent, passion and dedication.

Congratulations!!

Pramote

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Thanks everyone for the feedback and encouragement. Any reaction is a gift :thumbup:

For the record, star trails are a big part of my work in recent years, especially in light, urban locations. That juxtaposition is something that I find endlessly inspiring. Won't be everyone's thing, and that's fine by me. But the work I share is what I felt inspired to produce. There won't be other versions.

All the best,
Ed

P. Chong

Another one from the same evening. Victoria Theater and Memorial Hall, Singapore. Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD28 and HTS1.5 full rise applied.

victoria-concert-rise13,8-bw.jpg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just back from a week on safari in South Africa using my GFX rather than the normal 35mm DSLRs.

Very impressed with the pop from the GF 250 & 100-200 along with the TC. Also the ISO capabilities since I was dealing with max apertures of f/4, f/5.6 or at times f/8 with the TC. I set the Fuji to max auto ISO of 3200 and let exposure go where it needed to go, safe in the knowledge that I could always lift an underexposed image so easily in C1 Pro. These are all direct from C1 Pro 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.