The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Beautiful. And an inducement to try longer exposures. Sometimes sea-turned-fog looks too unrealistic. Here it creates a coherent mood with the rocks.

(I have filters. I just forget to bring the tripod :facesmack:)

Matt
Hello Matt,

thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it and am happy to be instrumental to push you towards trying more long exposures :)

The play of light in the sky and waves at the base of the rocks is exquisite!

:thumbs:
Thank you very much Ed, I am glad you liked it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

P. Chong

From a recent job shoot. The Chopin Opus 10 No 12.

Hasselblad H3D-39, HC80 with HTS1.5 Focus stacked in Helicon from 7 images. Needs a bit of PS cleanup before delivery to client.

chopin-dial-1920.jpg

vieri

From a recent job shoot. The Chopin Opus 10 No 12.

Hasselblad H3D-39, HC80 with HTS1.5 Focus stacked in Helicon from 7 images. Needs a bit of PS cleanup before delivery to client.

View attachment 143044
Great job! A quick question, did you stack all your images already? I might be wrong, but it feels like 4 h and 5 h are a bit softer than the rest. Best regards,

Vieri

P. Chong

Yes, the images are already stacked. I made this stack by moving the focusing ring between images, and there is not sufficient lattitude to get the entire dial in focus. I think I forget to mention that this was done with the H52 extension tube, and with the tube, the HC80 has a very limited range, and I used all of it in this stack.

However, this is an out-take, as the client copy was made by moving the camera instead of by changing the focus ring, and that image has the entire dial in sharp focus.

Great job! A quick question, did you stack all your images already? I might be wrong, but it feels like 4 h and 5 h are a bit softer than the rest. Best regards,

Vieri

drunkenspyder

Re: Seljalandsfoss, behind the waterfall

I know it's a classic, but as all classics it's a classic for good reasons. Witnessing an amazing sunrise standing behind the waterfall of Seljalandsfoss, in Iceland, is exciting and almost overwhelming! No matter how classic it is, it is a sight to behold and an unforgettable experience.*8 memorable seconds exposed with Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm, and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Classic for a reason is spot on. Lovely Vieri. Looking forward to December.

drunkenspyder

Sunrise at the Erastus Corning Tower, Rockefeller Empire Plaza, Albany, NY. Using the Nikkor 19mmPC lens, which I have always enjoyed. Works reasonably well on the X1D.

B0004129_crop1-FrameShop 2.jpg

X1D | Nikkor 19mmPC | f/8 [approx] | 1/15s | ISO 100

Grayhand

Hi, Ray!

Long time, no see... it is indeed a pleasure to see you back posting again!!!:):):)
Thanks Dave.

There have been an never ending load of work the last 6 months.
So there has not been much time. But I will now try to steal back some time in order to also have a life..

Ray

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I've always leaned to hand-held photography, even for architecture and landscape, mostly because I'm lazy and don't like to carry stuff. Lately, I've been tryin to overcome that and not only bring a tripod, but use (gasp) filters. My stated objection (the real one, remember, being laziness) was always "I want the picture to look like you're really standing there," and streaming clouds and fog-like oceans violated that principle.

So.. here is my first outing with a polarizer, 10 stop ND, and 3 stop grad. I meant to take the 21mm, but grabbed the 30mm by mistake.

The water WAS this shade of green, which drew me to take the photo. What I wasn't counting on was how much of the sky reflection the polarizer would suppress. (I took it both ways, and this is the more surreal).

Matt

(oh, and Vieri, it's a 100mm Firecrest Ultra kit. Easy to handle with a little practice.)

drunkenspyder

I've always leaned to hand-held photography, even for architecture and landscape, mostly because I'm lazy and don't like to carry stuff. Lately, I've been tryin to overcome that and not only bring a tripod, but use (gasp) filters. My stated objection (the real one, remember, being laziness) was always "I want the picture to look like you're really standing there," and streaming clouds and fog-like oceans violated that principle.

So.. here is my first outing with a polarizer, 10 stop ND, and 3 stop grad. I meant to take the 21mm, but grabbed the 30mm by mistake.

The water WAS this shade of green, which drew me to take the photo. What I wasn't counting on was how much of the sky reflection the polarizer would suppress. (I took it both ways, and this is the more surreal).

Matt

(oh, and Vieri, it's a 100mm Firecrest Ultra kit. Easy to handle with a little practice.)
Very nice Matt. And welcome to the club. ;-)

P.S. I like what Gary Hart says about the flip-side—freezing water with a fast shutter speed, for example: it doesn't look like that in real life, either. For me, all photography is interpretive.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Very nice Matt. And welcome to the club. ;-)

P.S. I like what Gary Hart says about the flip-side—freezing water with a fast shutter speed, for example: it doesn't look like that in real life, either. For me, all photography is interpretive.
I'd extend that to all art and music, too. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.