The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Whisky! How many whisky lovers here?

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC80. An interior shoot for a friend's whisky bar - The Writing Club, Singapore.

bar.jpg

writingclub-chesterfield.jpg

Ed Hurst

Thank you for your kind words!
I hope you had a great time at Grand Canyon/Vegas.
I am eager to see more of your star trails/stars over Grand Canyon.

Best

Pramote
Appreciate that. I am afraid this is the only star shot I got on the trip. I only managed one night away from Vegas and it was a night where there was cloud in the early part of the night, then the moon came up at about 3am. So I didn't have a lot of opportunity.

Craig Stocks

Playing with star trails. XF / IQ4 150, Phase One 28mm lens, 30 frames at ISO 800, 60 seconds at f/6.3. Two cars drove past during the 30 minutes but I only included one since the other was more headlight than taillight and overwhelmed the lower part of the frame (simply mask out that portion of that frame before stacking).

Attachments

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Appreciate that. I am afraid this is the only star shot I got on the trip. I only managed one night away from Vegas and it was a night where there was cloud in the early part of the night, then the moon came up at about 3am. So I didn't have a lot of opportunity.
Life is unpredictable...and so is landscape photography!
There'll always be next time Ed.
This picture is well worth it!

Cheers!

Pramote

Ed Hurst

By the way, I just uploaded a new version of the star trails file above. I adjusted the sky to deal with the clouds on the horizon; this involved pulling the sky down to a clear part and masking it... It's updated in my post but not in Pramote's reply...

Ed Hurst

Playing with star trails. XF / IQ4 150, Phase One 28mm lens, 30 frames at ISO 800, 60 seconds at f/6.3. Two cars drove past during the 30 minutes but I only included one since the other was more headlight than taillight and overwhelmed the lower part of the frame (simply mask out that portion of that frame before stacking).
Nice shot, Craig!

Ed Hurst

Following a work trip to Vegas (shots from there to come soon!), I paid a visit to the Grand Canyon - Yavapai Point to be more precise.

Beautiful images. I wonder what they would look like in black and white?
Thank you!

Re. Black & white: I had the same thought. Spent a while creating versions that pleased me. With these particular shots, I kept coming back to those lovely colours!

[/url]IMGP4632_Step7FlatSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

BUT, some of the other shots (which I will post in due course) suited B&W very well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.