The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Nascent sunflower appearing in the garden. I love the way some new growth appears almost alien. No focus stacking possible with the wind, but I may prefer the the shallow DOF anyway. 645Z, 120mm macro, f/10

Attachments

citizin

I believe this would fall under "fun" with MF images.

I too would love to know more about this shot and the story behind it. Would be interesting and hilarious if this was actually a real familiy's portrait.

Dave (D&A)
One of the best!
That's assuming it's a "real family's" portrait. We've yet to find out but in any case, it's a phenomenal shot.

Dave (D&A)
It was a composite shot. Camera, (h3dii-50 + 35-90 @ 35mm) was on a tripod. Each heartbeat generator was a separate exposure layered into the final. :)

AlanS

Teesdale, 7 image vertical pano...
This is a re-shoot of one I did earlier in the year, it was felt it needed a bit more breathing room around the (now almost obscured) bridge. It was shot at 24mm and I am quite pleased with this version.

vieri

San Marco square, sunrise

One of the few perks of going to Venice in the middle of summer is that very few people are up for sunrise at 5 am, and you get San Marco square all for yourself :) A couple of seconds exposure with my Demo Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

dave.gt

Short story: A young man in his final year at University was invited to spend a weekend evening on a blind date with his friends who were recently married. He met his date and enjoyed the social experience so much that he asked the young lady for a formal date a week later when classes were out. She said "yes", and the date became a reality. He greeted his lovely young date with a single red rose.

They were married in her small church and honeymooned in a mountain retreat. The honeymoon never ended, and after 48 years, they spend as much time in the same mountains as life allows. Over the last decade, the young man with the red rose began a labor of love with a shovel and a bucket to move several truckloads of dirt and rocks from the backyard of their little home to make a rose garden full of roses of every color. After the first two years, the garden was finally planted with 22 hybrid roses in a linear fashion parallel to the wooden fence around the yard, in order for his bride to see the roses from the terrace without having to use the wheelchair over uneven terrain. The dream of multiplying my love for my "eternally young" bride had finally been realized.

Over the succeeding years, surgeries for her became more frequent and this year, I (no longer the young man in this story) realized that stress can be a terrible thing, a dangerous threat to our well-being. I also found a little humor in the daily isolation when I was determined to rid the garden of insects and extend the rose bloom season into the hot summer. The plan was to use an insecticide early enough to allow the hundreds of buds to develop without damage and fill the air with the delicious fragrance of roses night and day, in hopes of providing some enjoyment before the next surgery in July of this year. So, I sprayed the roses and immediately felt that I had done a good thing...

As I was putting the garden hose away, I noticed the label on the spray I used. It was WEED KILLER for the lawn. :bugeyes:

The last several months, we have had interesting brown rose sticks sprouting wispy yellow green foliage. No leaves. No buds. No roses. LOL... I was now a stick gardener!:ROTFL:

A little water, a little insect management, a little fertilizer, and a lot of of observation later, I noticed some foliage coming back a week ago. And really?... new buds?... Seriously?

This is the first rose bloom we have had all summer, and there are other rose bushes with fully developed roses now. A couple here, one there, and all of a sudden I realize the truth in this well-known quote:

"Nothing is as beautiful as a rose that flourishes in adversity."

That has always been true for my bride. And now, the roses in our backyard have confirmed that truth. I am blessed and grateful beyond measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.