The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

A Photograph and a Fish -Part 3:

Lesson learned today:

Photography should be fun, don't let time pass you by, there are always images to be captured. Sometimes you just have to get moving!:thumbs:

And, it isn't the end of the world if your images aren't perfect...

vieri

A Photograph and a Fish -Part 3:

Lesson learned today:

Photography should be fun, don't let time pass you by, there are always images to be captured. Sometimes you just have to get moving!:thumbs:

And, it isn't the end of the world if your images aren't perfect...
Like this one the best, Dave, very good job! :) Best regards,

Vieri

dave.gt

Thanks, Vieri, :)

Some day, there will come a time when I have a confluence of time, energy, opportunity and creative mind. Then, I will post something other than banal floral images and hit-and-run landscapes that would actually be worthy of comment.

Until then, it is like breathing the fresh air of the great outdoors for the very first time when I can leave the house for even 45 minutes. :) ... not nearly enough time for anything more than that, but that is enough, and, it doesn't matter if nothing is in focus/colors are weird/composition is less than desirable/motifs are boring/etc. Just a brief respite and a few heartbeats of time set aside for enjoying.:):):)

One more from yesterday, after this one, I caught a fish and went home as my hour of quiet time at the lake was about to expire. The fish was returned to the water as always.

Last edited:

vieri

Sunset at Londrangar, Iceland

Sunset at Londrangar, in Iceland. I simply love the winter light there, soft and beautiful, and I can't wait to be back in December! 16 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

cerett

Recently came across this image of a cymbidium orchid taken sometime in the 90's using a Hasselblad 500cm, 120 macro lens and Fuji Velvia film. I was at a friend's greenhouse and used a black velvet drape for the background. I cannot remember when the film was scanned. Happier times, maybe? Orchid 14a.jpg

dave.gt

Recently came across this image of a cymbidium orchid taken sometime in the 90's using a Hasselblad 500cm, 120 macro lens and Fuji Velvia film. I was at a friend's greenhouse and used a black velvet drape for the background. I cannot remember when the film was scanned. Happier times, maybe? View attachment 143776
Very nicely done! :) What lovely colors!

I have some Velvia in my film backs along with TriX... I am anxious to get back to the Smoky Mountains to shoot! Thanks for the inspiration, oh...and, the increased anxiety!!!:ROTFL:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My PT told me to carry more weight around, so the Leica S(007) and 24mm went out for another walk.

Best,

Matt (Brightened the picture a bit. I hope that doesn't ruin it for anyone...)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Ohhhh, lovely, Matt! I haven't tried one of those starburst contre jour shots yet.:) Love the foliage rendering.:thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ohhhh, lovely, Matt! I haven't tried one of those starburst contre jour shots yet.:) Love the foliage rendering.:thumbup:
Thanks Dave!

I'm unreasonably fond of turning summer foliage white. This is yellow and green way up, red way down (to get the sign black).

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.