The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Sunset on the Tuscan hills

Sunset on the Tuscan hills of Val d'Orcia. This one evening, at sunset, I witnessed and photographed some truly beautiful light painting the farmhouse and trees in front of me with smooth, warm pastel tones. Just incredible!

A 13 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

dave.gt

The red dawn of a new day reveals a familiar silhouette as the darkness fades. Perhaps, it inspires others as it does me:

vieri

Sea Monster, on the Cornish coast

Sea Monsters, an 83 seconds exposure created on a truly inspiring location along the Cornish Coast, one of my favourite Road Less Traveled destinations. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Sarnian

Perfect match: View camera plus Leica S[/IMG]
Could you elaborate on your set-up?

I have a Typ 006 which I'm absolutely in love with. I've previously owned a Pentax 645D, Pentax 645Z and a Phase One P65+ but I feel the must 'at one' with the Typ 006. The size, weight and ergonomics are outstanding.

The amount of lenses that I can use is a real bonus: Leica S, Hasselblad H (with full autofocus), Hasselblad V, Contax 645 (with full autofocus), Mamiya 645, Leica L39 Visioflex, Pentax 67 and Pentax 645. Woof!

dj may

Could you elaborate on your set-up?

I have a Typ 006 which I'm absolutely in love with. I've previously owned a Pentax 645D, Pentax 645Z and a Phase One P65+ but I feel the must 'at one' with the Typ 006. The size, weight and ergonomics are outstanding.

The amount of lenses that I can use is a real bonus: Leica S, Hasselblad H (with full autofocus), Hasselblad V, Contax 645 (with full autofocus), Mamiya 645, Leica L39 Visioflex, Pentax 67 and Pentax 645. Woof!
I use Leica S with APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120 lens to duplicate 4x5 negatives. I place the negative, in a negative carrier, on a LED panel with the emulsion facing the camera. I started with a large Dörr panel, but did not like the uneven illumination from two separate LED arrays in the panel. I then changed to a small Kaiser panel, which is slightly larger than the negative. I level the LED panel and the camera on a tripod (Charles S gave a copy stand, which had earlier been given to him). I have not done any negatives with the copy stand, since I have quite a backlog of already duplicated negatives.

I shoot the negative at f11, exposing the negative to the right. All the detail of the negatives, including the grain, is captured by the Leica S and lens combination. I am not sure that the lenses you have would be as good, however, you will only know by testing.

The prints from these negatives are gorgeous. The character of the film is retained, meaning that there is fine detail with a "soft" feel. This was immediately noticed by another photographer, Ivo, who is also participating in this forum. I think I will stop darkroom printing.

I hope this is the feedback that you were seeking. If not, please ask more questions.

jng

Early girls

2019-09-15 11-01-09 (C)-1-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/11 | 1 sec | ISO50 | 27-image focus stack

John

Status
Not open for further replies.