The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Tony, very nice! As usual!!!!:thumbup:

One of these days you are going to have to show me again how you do these images. Always unique, always interesting either on film or digital.:):):)

Last edited:

P. Chong

Fabulous Ed...would you mind telling us how you put the people back into the edit? I am assuming the rest of the image is a long exposure, due to the star trails. Very curious. And truly loving the photograph.

Coloseum in Rome.

Usually, I remove people from such scenes. In this case, I made sure I included them in the final edit...

Pentax 645Z with 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

[/url]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP5352-7294_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Satrycon

probably multiple shots merged together ?

Fabulous Ed...would you mind telling us how you put the people back into the edit? I am assuming the rest of the image is a long exposure, due to the star trails. Very curious. And truly loving the photograph.

Ed Hurst

Thanks so much - glad you like it! Basically, the shot is not a single exposure but a stack of many shorter exposures (which allows me to control any burn out from the lighter areas. My usual procedure is also to take a clean, lower ISO shot of the scene and user a layer mask to brush that in (which I did). However, as a result of shooting the trails using lots of shorter exposures, I have a large number of shots showing people as they moved about through the scene. It was therefore a relatively straightforward matter to return to these frames, select ones that showed people in interesting positions (and, of course, reasonably sharp), then use layer masks to add them back to the main shot.

anwarp

Some from Lancaster House in London during the "Open House" weekend. All hand-held ISO1600, using the old Mamiya 35mm AF at f8 on an XF with IQ3 100MP.

LancasterHouse_01.jpg

LancasterHouse_02.jpg

LancasterHouse_03.jpg

They could be a bit brighter ...

Anwar

P. Chong

Testing out Fujifilm's GFX50R. First shots with the GFX50R and 45mm f/2.8 R WR + 18 Extension tube. With Profoto flash. Manual exposure, manual focus. Processed from raw with ACR and Photoshop.

Cropped image to show just the balance cock and wheel of the Lange Cabaret in a special execution, with white gold balance and escape cock. Rest of the plates are in German silver, which show a golden yellow patina, but the white gold elements remain pristine.

cabaret-balance.jpg

Greg Haag

There are not many covered bridges in The Great Smoky Mountains, but here is one near Gatlinburg. It is the Emert's Cove Covered Bridge on the west prong of the Little Pigeon River. I am headed to the GSMNP the first week of November and going to focus on the lower elevations, places such as, Cades Cove, Middle Prong Little River, West Prong Little River, Little River, Cherokee Orchard Road, Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail and Maggie Valley. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear about them.

Leica S006 HC35mm

gsmnp bridge.jpg

dave.gt

There are not many covered bridges in The Great Smoky Mountains, but here is one near Gatlinburg. It is the Emert's Cove Covered Bridge on the west prong of the Little Pigeon River. I am headed to the GSMNP the first week of November and going to focus on the lower elevations, places such as, Cades Cove, Middle Prong Little River, West Prong Little River, Little River, Cherokee Orchard Road, Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail and Maggie Valley. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear about them.

Leica S006 HC35mm

View attachment 144434
Dang, Greg!

Never knew that was there! :thumbs:You must take there in November just for this one location! Wiw!

Status
Not open for further replies.