The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Thanks Greg. I am pleased you like this one. Aspens are my favorite tree to photograph. All seasons are interesting, although autumn is especially awesome. You should go next year. They grow from the Yukon to New Mexico.

Beautiful Image Steven! I would love to photograph Aspen trees someday.

P. Chong

Trying to get used to the GFX50R, but not being really successful. I moved the Exposure Compensation dial accidentally, and did not realize it till when I was processing the images, and noted that it was -3 stops under. I recovered about 2 stops from the first image in raw conversion, and 3 stops in the second image. Both shot in available light (very dim), hand held. And cropped. The high ISO (4000) also meant the noise is apparent, but the structure is perhaps consistent with film grain, and little chroma noise is seen.

This was photographed in a traditional coffee (colloquially kopi) shop. The coffee is made by the sock method - kind of like a filter, but the water spends a long time with the coffee, resulting in a thick, black brew which is high in caffeine. The beans are typically robusta, roasted to full, and often with corn mixed in. As much as 30% by weight can be corn, and sometimes margarine is added while roasting. Drunk black with or without sugar, or like a cafe au lait, with sweetened condensed milk.

kopi-man-working.jpg

The barista was trying to make a funny pose for me, when he noticed I was photographing him. And yes, he intentionally cocked his head and looked to my left, where there was no one.

kopi-man.jpg

tsjanik

Trying to get used to the GFX50R, but not being really successful. I moved the Exposure Compensation dial accidentally and did not realize it till..........
My experience is similar, my dial ended up at +2. I also am having difficulty avoiding inadvertently pressing the buttons all over the body, the Q button in particular. I find the battery life not so good (at least compared to the 645Z)even though I have power save after 15s and use the rear LCD sparingly.

Pelorus

Trying to get used to the GFX50R, but not being really successful. [snip]
Spare a thought for me...with the exception of an iPhone the 50R is my first ever digital _camera_ ...to be perfectly accurate, it's my wife's not mine. The last traditional camera I used was a film Leica M, and since then an Alpa with Mamiya digital backs. The latter I still have and use and love.

Having said that I'm finding the 50R great to use and very simple and fast. The image quality, dare I say it, lacks the final 5% that the Credo 50/Schneider Apo Helvetar 48 delivers, but it's certainly damn good.

My focus at the moment is on developing a simple, repeatable shooting mode with minimum resort to buttons, dials and menus. That's going OK so far.

I'd be interested in a thread in the Fuji forum on how people are setting up their 50R...but that's thread drift here.

Satrycon

outdoors daylight:
i use Auto shutter speed, aperture priority, ISO 50 or 100
though i prefer to keep the shutter speed at max 1/500 so it always uses EFCS
so in the day i use only the aperture ring on the lens and sometimes the iso dial if im in a darker alley or something

night:
f1.4 or f2 or f2.8 depending on the lens, shutter speed 1/500 for people or moving things, 1/250 for static subjects... and iso as required
so at night i end up only using the the iso dial
simple...i never need to go into any menus or adjust anything deep.

My focus at the moment is on developing a simple, repeatable shooting mode with minimum resort to buttons, dials and menus. That's going OK so far.

AlanS

From this mornings walk. We have had a bit of rain lately, what a difference it makes!
Weardale (2 image h. pano)...

P. Chong

The centerpiece installation art at the Patek Philippe Grand Art Exhibition in Singapore. This amazing work is made of paper, and meticulously put together as a hung installation art piece, looking like a chandelier. This is the work of Tokyo-based French architect/artist Emmanuelle Moureaux and is named Majulah Singapura (Onward Singapore - and the title of the national anthem).

Fujifilm GFX 50R with GF45mmF2.8 R WR.

chandelier.jpg

BTW, if you happen to be in Singapore from now till 13th October, the exhibition is worth spending an afternoon. Free admissions, but registrations mandatory. Details here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.