The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

We had an old warehouse that was about to be torn down and the younger guys wanted to do something fun with it before it was gone.

Leica S007 w 24mm

untitled-16-Edit-Editb.jpg

P. Chong

Quite impressed with the IQ from the Fujifilm GFX50R + Fujifilm Fujinon GF45mm F2.8 R WR.

Auto ISO (1600. this is the max I set under Auto), hand held, available light. All photographed with AE at f/2.8. Developed in Capture One Express. I am quite impressed with the noise recovery, and the colour/detail captured by the GFX50R and the C1 conversion. Focus is on the bottles just behind the bartender, and if you look at the full sized image, the labels can be read. Almost all adjustments in C1. Keeping in mind the lighting conditions are typical of a bar - very dark. And whatever light there is, is very directional, very harsh and heavily coloured.

jigger-pony-bar.jpg

Shashin

It was very dark. I was not quite sure how the picture would look like when I took it.

Pramote
Beautiful, but there is a little more to it than that. The focus does not seem to be the same from the left to the right. Camera movements? Beautiful effect none the less.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Phone calls at 2AM that start "I'm at the hospital and I don't know why" are harbingers of a bad week. Everything being under control now, I was out with the camera again.

GFX100, 110/2, f5.6, 1/60. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to set shutter speed manually. I've already forgotten. Anyway,...

Matt

dave.gt

Phone calls at 2AM that start "I'm at the hospital and I don't know why" are harbingers of a bad week. Everything being under control now, I was out with the camera again.

GFX100, 110/2, f5.6, 1/60. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to set shutter speed manually. I've already forgotten. Anyway,...

Matt
Matt?

Good grief, that sounds really scary. Hope all are ok!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Last edited:

MGrayson

Matt?

Good grief, that sounds really scary. Hope you are ok!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:
Thanks, Dave.

I'm fine, although it meant a lot of unexpected driving. All concerned are getting the help they need. But it DOES interfere with the photography (and sleep, and...)

M

MGrayson

Buy a 50R...it has a dial for that :D
I am regularly assured that a completely configurable UI with dozens of buttons and dials is superior to one that is simple, but well designed. I thought I WAS using the dial for changing shutter speeds, but it thought it was changing ISO... Well, the manual is only 310 pages. I should have it memorized by next Tuesday.
:ROTFL:
Matt

PeterA

I am regularly assured that a completely configurable UI with dozens of buttons and dials is superior to one that is simple, but well designed. I thought I WAS using the dial for changing shutter speeds, but it thought it was changing ISO... Well, the manual is only 310 pages. I should have it memorized by next Tuesday.
:ROTFL:
Matt
yes - the front wheel as ISO setter is not where I want it it to be ...hence ISO 2000 on a bright sunny day...:ROTFL: - do prefer the dials of the 50 series tbh..

D

Deleted member 7792

Ridgway, CO
Still on the road.

Phase One IQ4150/Cambo/SK 60mm XL
180 sec/f 8/ISO 64
It was very dark. I was not quite sure how the picture would look like when I took it.

Pramote
https://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com
Pramote, I love this shot. I'm leaving your wonderful state tomorrow after my "shakeout cruise" with the X1D II. I hope I can post something from the trip next week. It was great meeting you in person and I hope we can find an opportunity to shoot together sometime in the future. Thanks for sharing your work.

Joe

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful, but there is a little more to it than that. The focus does not seem to be the same from the left to the right. Camera movements? Beautiful effect none the less.
Thank you very much Will for your kind comment! I really appreciate it.
Although it was a Tech cam, I used it as a point-and-shoot camera :)
It was the last picture of the day. It was dark and windy and I was very hungry :) I did not even focus but turned the focus ring all the way to infinity.

Best
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.