The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

GFX100. F/5.6, ISO800, 1/13 sec, handheld (medium format high res handheld at 1/13 sec is distinctly possible, with care). I've been blown away by this camera's potential.

citizin

Congratulations! I would not worry much about missing the 100mm f 2.2 plus the 13mm extension ring. The Schneider Kreuznach 150mm f2.8 is what you’ll need to replace your beloved 100 f2.2 with the 13mm extension ring. Though it’s a beast 😊!
We'll see. I'm a fan of the HC3.2/150 but it's least used lens in the kit. The compression is great but I like it more for 3/4's and full body portraits where the 100 is all about the close in tight. I haven't seen anything from the 150/2.8 that has the image rendering I'm chasing.

thovenmedia

We'll see. I'm a fan of the HC3.2/150 but it's least used lens in the kit. The compression is great but I like it more for 3/4's and full body portraits where the 100 is all about the close in tight. I haven't seen anything from the 150/2.8 that has the image rendering I'm chasing.
I see, then the 110mm f2.8 might the lens you're looking for. It can do close up 3/4 and full body :)

DougDolde

If it were me, ixnay on the Phase One maybe get an X1D

Heading to Morocco tomorrow, for a third of october. Picking up a phase one XF IQ3 kit to test and potentially replace the H4D/H3DII's. I've been really liking the HC2.2/100 + 13mm spacer for portraits, and it doesn't look like P1 has anything that matches so I'm kind of worried.

P. Chong

The Gronefeld brothers who make the Gronefeld watches. Photographed recently for an editorial spread. These are out-takes. Photographed with the Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC4/80 lens. As this was shot in a busy restaurant after lunch service, and I wanted to travel light, light was from a large window behind me and a Canon EX580II flash in manual mode bounced off a small silver umbrella to my left held high pointing down by an assistant and a collapsible reflector as fill to my right.

bart-gronefeld.jpgtim-gronefeld.jpg

Craig Stocks

The moon passed close by Saturn Saturday night. Note this is a composite, it wasn’t quite this close.

The moon was photographed with an IQ4 150 on a Cambo body using a Canon lens plate and Canon-mount telescope adapter. The telescope was a SkyWatcher 8 inch Quattro f/4 800mm focal length. Saturn was the same arrangement but using a Sony a7R2.

Attachments

Quentin_Bargate

I arrived by the Chateau about 30 mins before I took this shot with the setting sun illuminating Chambord. It was obvious that the light was perfect, we wouldn't be staying until the following evening for a possible second chance (do they ever come along in photography?!) so I unpacked my GFX100 and 32-64mm as quickly as I could, left my wife to complete the check in formailties, and legged it to a suitable vantage point. No time for a tripod. I'm glad I did. F/8, 1/105 sec on aperture priority, ISO100, in body IBIS on. Processed in C1, and Photoshop.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I arrived by the Chateau about 30 mins before I took this shot with the setting sun illuminating Chambord. It was obvious that the light was perfect, we wouldn't be staying until the following evening for a possible second chance (do they ever come along in photography?!) so I unpacked my GFX100 and 32-64mm as quickly as I could, left my wife to complete the check in formailties, and legged it to a suitable vantage point. No time for a tripod. I'm glad I did. F/8, 1/105 sec on aperture priority, ISO100, in body IBIS on. Processed in C1, and Photoshop.
A true photographer. "Excuse me, dear, but the light is perfect. Do you mind raising the children while I take some shots?"

:ROTFL:

Matt (yes, I meant that as a compliment)

drevil

Staff member
The moon passed close by Saturn Saturday night. Note this is a composite, it wasn’t quite this close.

The moon was photographed with an IQ4 150 on a Cambo body using a Canon lens plate and Canon-mount telescope adapter. The telescope was a SkyWatcher 8 inch Quattro f/4 800mm focal length. Saturn was the same arrangement but using a Sony a7R2.
i wonder how more years we have to wait to be able to take a picture of the apollo mission remains, well in case they really are there :grin:

Quentin_Bargate

A true photographer. "Excuse me, dear, but the light is perfect. Do you mind raising the children while I take some shots?"

:ROTFL:

Matt (yes, I meant that as a compliment)
My wife would recognise that reality!

But then we were jointly having a great time driving through France, so its all good!

MGrayson

i wonder how more years we have to wait to be able to take a picture of the apollo mission remains, well in case they really are there :grin:
The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter already has photos of the Apollo landing sites, complete with rover tracks.

The EHT (event horizon telescope) doesn't see in short enough wavelengths, but if it did, its angular resolution is so good (a few micro-arc-seconds) that you could see Neil Armstrong's footprint clearly from the earth. I did the calculations, and got this:

This is about the diffraction limit from an aperture the size of the Earth, so with enough optical telescopes combined, there's a chance. You'd actually have to FOCUS back from infinity to get the moon sharp.

Matt

MGrayson

Sometimes it's fun to go out with one rather odd lens. I took a 50mm lens with an 18mm extension tube. This gives a macro with very little flexibility - it is essentially fixed focus, with a magnification of about 0.5.

Matt

Last edited:

vieri

Isle of Arran sunrise

I call the Isle of Arran's landscapes home. They are always familiar to me, and always new. They never disappoint, never let me down. Sure, sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate - but that's normal, and it doesn't matter: photographing the sun rising over what looks like a sculptor's work, is simply priceless :) 1.4 second exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

stevenfr

An incredible sunset from Tasmania. This image was taken with a Horseman 617 camera using Velvia 50 film. Its a one minute exposure. Colours matched to the slide. It was an amazing sunset. Pretty lucky.

Attachments

anyone

I know it's a little bit touristy, but it was an amazing sunset. Edinburgh castle.

CF110063_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, CF 180mm, P45+

Status
Not open for further replies.