The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Dear Joe,
Do you have an assistant or two to tell you about locations like it? :)
:ROTFL: No, but I did have a workshop leader from Colorado (Andy Cook) spend the better part of a day with me 6 years ago showing me popular shooting locations around Ouray and Ridgway, CO. That helped enormously.

Joe

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Sunset at Paradise Divide, CO at 11, 250 ft.

This was my 3rd attempt in 7 years trying to visit this place.
1st attempt - Road block with snow on a very narrow dirt road with steep cliff. The road was not closed. I had to turn my car around uncountable times to get back, the scariest experience in my life! I've never told my wife about it and kept it to myself until now!!!
2nd attempt - Better. The road was closed due to snow.
Both trips were in June-July.
Be warned for a fainted heart, it is noted as an easy drive by 4x4 Explorer.com. I guess it's easy if the road is in perfect condition, if there is no car passing you by, if you don't have heart condition etc.
It's a hair raising drive to reach this location but well worth it. I told my wife this time :)
Being in this place fulfilled my dream no matter how the picture would look like.
I have to go back again at least once to get the reflection of the mountains on the water at sunrise.

Phase One IQ4150/XF/SK 40-80mm.

Pramote
https://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com

Last edited:

P. Chong

Back in Singapore, Ion Orchard, photographed from across the road - car park of Shaw Centre level 10. Fujifilm GFX 50R with GF45. Handheld. Turned out pretty good.

ion-night.jpg

M

mjr

Morning

Pretty f'ing cold this morning, -10 but felt colder, not used to it yet after the heat of Iraq.

Spotting this scene which appealed to me, behind a big shed in the forest, liked the balance of dark and light, worth a quick shot anyway.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Dallas Divide
Ridgway, CO
Right after the snow storm.

Phase One IQ4150/XF/SK 40-80mm
2-minute frame averaging (Beta firmware)

I was there for 7 hours. The sky started to clear up and Mt. Sneffels started to appear. My patience paid off this time!
I think landscape photography is just a waiting game.

Pramote
https://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.