The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Continuing the "GFX100 and one lens" walks, I took out the magnificent 250/4.

I'm of two minds about the little bright bushes at the bottom right edge. I like them, but I know that eye-catching elements are discouraged on the border. And I did nothing to make the halos around the women. That was just the light.

... snip ...

Matt
Personally I’d crop out all of those bushes/plants at the edge of the foreground. It’ll simplify the image to just the rock, backlit people on the rock and the background. :thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Personally I’d crop out all of those bushes/plants at the edge of the foreground. It’ll simplify the image to just the rock, backlit people on the rock and the background. :thumbup:
Hmm. I don't want to restrict any of the background elements (branches on the left, tree on the right). If I revert to the Leica 3:2 aspect ratio, it works fine. But I am assured that the one true aspect ratio, 4:3, is perhaps the main reasons to switch to Fuji/Phase/Hassy. :ROTFL:

Well, maybe just this once... :cool:

Last edited:

P. Chong

Grabbed a quick shot of this talented watchmaker Vincent Calabrese. An old timer like me, and we reminisced about the first time I visited his atelier in Lausanne some two decades ago. Good times. Fujifilm GFX 50R + GF45. We were outdoors, but in the shade. Wished I had a small flash to make a catch light in his eyes.

vincent-calabrese.jpg

Btw, let me know if you’d like to see one of his watches.

Last edited:

citizin

Got back from Morocco where we had rented the Phase One XF IQ3, 35mm + 110m combo kit. It's a very impressive and very inelegant system.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Not so impressive as a photo. However, it was hand-held at 1/4 sec with the 250/4. Trying to get my head around the capabilities here....

And another aspect of "too much" resolution. While there's nothing wrong with being interesting at multiple scales, it is sometimes hard to deal with photographic elements at such different scales that they don't interact. Case in point: This is a 2 shot focus stack - one for infinity, one for the leaves against the sky - of a sundog.

And yet looking closer...

If you go back and look at the full picture, you can just see the seagull's pixel. My cityscapes have all sorts of distant helicopters and birds. They're the modern dust spots! :grin:

Well, I hope to have some photography next time and not just amusing snapshots. Until then,

Matt

Ed Hurst

This one has some special significance for me... It's taken in my home town - Grantham, Lincolnshire. I grew up there from 1973 until 1992. Looks like a charming market town, doesn't it? But since I left, the town has somehow fallen on harder times and I have rarely felt more threatened when taking a night picture than I did that night.

Apart from spawning one of the UK's most divisive public figures, Margaret Thatcher, the town also produced Isaac Newton.

Pentax 645Z with 55mm f2.8 DFA lens.

[/url]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP9591-9690And0001-0500_Step10sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

kuau

Workshop Member

Dallas Divide
Ridgway, CO
Right after the snow storm.

Phase One IQ4150/XF/SK 40-80mm
2-minute frame averaging (Beta firmware)

I was there for 7 hours. The sky started to clear up and Mt. Sneffels started to appear. My patience paid off this time!
I think landscape photography is just a waiting game.

Pramote
https://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com
Pramote
I cant tell you how many times I had the exact experience at this location, its all about being patient and just waiting for the exact moment well done. I just wish I could have been there with you and Joe C...
Did you guys go up to Telluride at all?

Steven

kuau

Workshop Member
Hello everyone,
I have been missing in action for some time yet I wanted to post some fall color stuff from the 2018 season here in Utah, unfortunately do to weird weather this summer, fall colors were a bust IMHO.

All these images were taken with my Hasselblad X1D, 21mm, 35mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses.
Thanks to Joe Colson for all your help with my X1D and sorry I missed not meeting up with you and Promote in Colorado a few weeks ago.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.