The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L

Hello everyone,
I have been missing in action for some time yet I wanted to post some fall color stuff from the 2018 here in Utah, unfortunately do to weird weather this summer, fall colors were a bust IMHO.

All these images were taken with my Hasselblad X1D, 21mm, 35mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses.
Thanks to Joe Colson for all your help with my X1D and sorry I missed not meeting up with you and Promote in Colorado a few ago.

Enjoy

Superb set. Thanks for sharing. The second photo resembles one by Pramote. Post #26925. Again excellent.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote
I cant tell you how many times I had the exact experience at this location, its all about being patient and just waiting for the exact moment well done. I just wish I could have been there with you and Joe C...
Did you guys go up to Telluride at all?

Steven
My dear friend Steven,

Thank you for kind words! Much appreciated!

Your pictures of Dallas Divide always inspired me! I've missed your beautiful pictures.

I only met with Joe briefly this time but planned to spend more time together during future trips.

I was in Telluride only one night. I spent most of my time in Ridgway and Ouray.

I've fallen in love with Southwest Colorado! It will certainly be my frequent places to visit year round.

Best

Pramote

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hello everyone,
I have been missing in action for some time yet I wanted to post some fall color stuff from the 2018 here in Utah, unfortunately do to weird weather this summer, fall colors were a bust IMHO.

All these images were taken with my Hasselblad X1D, 21mm, 35mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses.
Thanks to Joe Colson for all your help with my X1D and sorry I missed not meeting up with you and Promote in Colorado a few ago.

Enjoy

Steven,

Remarkable pictures!
Please post more frequent. I've missed your pictures.
Thank you for sharing!

Pramote

B L

Re: Where is our friend Michiel Schierbeek........

....with his "anything turn to gold" kind of photos? I hope everything is well and fine.

D&A

What a superb sets of images Steven, both the color from Utah (corrected from original posting) and the B&W (in Idaho). I envy your being in such wonderful and unique locations to photograph. In some of your images, is that the infamous barn you used to use for your test shots with too numerous samples to mention of the Pentax FA 35mm f3.5 645 lenses along with its inherited field curvature issues that we encountered? That issue has finally been resolved by Pentax in a spectacular way and I'll tell you about it sometime, even though you are now shooting with the lovely X1D system. Hoping if I ever get back out west or you make another trip back east, we'll get together again. In the meantime, keep posting your lovely images.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

kuau

Workshop Member
What superb sets of images Steven, both the color (in Co,) and the B&W (in Idaho). I envy your being in such wonderful and unique locations to photograph. In the Colorado set, is that the infamous barn you used to use for test shots with too numerous samples to mention of the Pentax FA 35mm f3.5 645 lenses along with its inherited field curvature issues that we encountered? That issue has finally been resolved by Pentax in a spectacular way and I'll tell you about it sometime, even though you are now shooting with the lovely X1D system. Hoping if I ever get back out west or you make another trip back east, we'll get together again. In the meantime, keep posting your lovely images.

Dave (D&A)
Wow thanks Dave,
I need to be more active here, it’s just been a difficult year for me and unfortunately fall colors really never happened this season where I am in Utah. Oh and BTW all the image I just posted were taken in Utah and not Colorado last year. Yep that’s the infamous barn here in Park City that I always shoot with new gear....
I want to come back to the east coast maybe next fall for something new for me to get inspired again.

Steven

D

Deleted member 7792

Beautiful although I’d avoid breathing in any of those cyanide/mercury infused tailings down there! :bugeyes:
No worries. We weren't even close. "Adventure before dementia". :thumbup:

Along Owl Creek Pass Road near Ridgway, CO.

Joe

AlanS

Wow! Only been on holiday for a week or so and this thread has exploded with amazing work. Well done everybody :thumbup:
Our autumn is a very mixed bag at the moment, leaves either on the floor or still green on the trees! Only the odd tree has any colour :(
Anyway, from this morning.
Weardale, 2 image focus stack...

dave.gt

Beautiful colors, Alan.:)

Being a little below par lately, I find myself falling behind in my digital processing. The film backlog is long as well.

But, I did manage to finally finish this one.

Leica S 30-90:

D

Deleted member 7792

Hello everyone,
I have been missing in action for some time yet I wanted to post some fall color stuff from the 2018 season here in Utah, unfortunately do to weird weather this summer, fall colors were a bust IMHO.

Thanks to Joe Colson for all your help with my X1D and sorry I missed not meeting up with you and Promote in Colorado a few weeks ago.

Enjoy
Steven, I'm happy to see you back here posting wonderful images of Utah. Some years ago, your photos of the area around Telluride, CO, posted here on GetDPI, were so inspirational to me that I took a photo excursion to the area in 2013. Armed with screenshots of your photos, a newsletter from Robert Hitchman, and the better part of a day with Andy Cook, a Denver-based workshop leader, I explored and photographed the scenes around Ouray, Ridgway and Telluride. My photos were mediocre, but the experience was amazing. So much so that I returned this fall, one week later than my last trip, and caught the peak of fall color. I've fallen in love with that area of Colorado and, like Pramote, will go back. And now you're luring me to Utah with the spectacular scenes from last year. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your outstanding work with the rest of us.

Joe

Greg Haag

Cannon Beach, Oregon

I find this area so beautiful, I would really like to go back on a photography trip next year.

Leica S007 HC150

cannon beach v3 w border.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.