The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlindberg

Dan, I am assuming this is a composite image. How many images did you use? On first glance it looks like one inverted and reflected, but I am unsure. Very beautiful.
Two images! It was indeed a mirror in the lake ahead and I stayed a while to both find my position and make several exposures. Actually it took a while before I decided to exclude the sky for example. After a few exposures I threw three tiny stones to get the ripples. However, that made it really difficult to choose in post, because the ripples made it different but at the same time took away the nice, clear, mirror effect. In the end I inverted/mirrored the trees and blended with 'multiply' and decreased opacity overall and especially over the ripples. This made it stand out more, you could say reality was enhanced.

D

Deleted member 7792

It's difficult to capture the way I saw the scene, but the backlit trees were glowing. This was taken along the Million Dollar Highway.

Joe

vieri

Glacial erratic sunrise

The receding tide uncovers the landscape as the ocean shies away from these glacial erratic boulders, leaving them on dry ground for us to portray. Sunrise at Corrie, Isle of Arran, 8 seconds exposure with the Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Shashin

Tom, the Fuji looks very rich, but I suspect the 645Z is closer to the actual color and contrast of the scene.

D&A

Tom, the Fuji looks very rich, but I suspect the 645Z is closer to the actual color and contrast of the scene.
When comparing the two posted images, it appears the 645Z one is brighter (exposed slightly differently?) and thus may account for the Fuji looking "richer" or more saturated. Take a look at the tree trunks. Enjoyed though seeing a comparison of the two.

Tom, approx. where on the Blue Ridge parkway was this taken? Western N.C. or southern Va.? Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.