The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Tom, the Fuji looks very rich, but I suspect the 645Z is closer to the actual color and contrast of the scene.
Will. I adjusted each as I would normally. Each is AWB and auto exposure at-0.7 ev. I prefer the Pentax colors and rarely adjust WB or color balance. Fuji has an added a color balance layer, perhaps too much

When comparing the two posted images, it appears the 645Z one is brighter (exposed slightly differently?) and thus may account for the Fuji looking "richer" or more saturated. Take a look at the tree trunks. Enjoyed though seeing a comparison of the two.

Tom, approx. where on the Blue Ridge parkway was this taken? Western N.C. or southern Va.? Thanks.

Dave (D&A)
Dave, Otter Creek campground in VA.

Shashin

Sorry if I posted this before. I am missing the New England fall. Trees just turn brown in the mid-west. This is a selection of maple leaves taken from one tree on a single day.

darr

Little Clown

Hasselblad 500CM + Sonnar 150mm f/4 + Kodak VPS
HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!​

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sorry if I posted this before. I am missing the New England fall. Trees just turn brown in the mid-west. This is a selection of maple leaves taken from one tree on a single day.
Careful, Will. Next thing you know, you'll be going full Andy Goldsworthy :ROTFL:

Simple idea, marvelous execution. Great!

darr

Re: Little Clown

Darr,

Fantastic!
Love your artistic mind.
Long time no see. I've missed you.
Hope you post here more frequent.

Pramote
Hi Pramote!
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes, I have been busy working on film projects. A lot to catch up on.
I do try to visit this thread for all the great images.
And I love yours! Such lovely landscapes, wish I had that kind of brush!!
I will be back soon my friend.

Darr

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Pramote!
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes, I have been busy working on film projects. A lot to catch up on.
I do try to visit this thread for all the great images.
And I love yours! Such lovely landscapes, wish I had that kind of brush!!
I will be back soon my friend.

Darr
Thank you my dear friend!
I've always admired people who use film. It shows courage and class. I hope one day I will have my courage back. Still having a lot of films in a freezer.
I look forward to seeing more of your works, especially, with your film projects.
Best
Pramote

Last edited:

dave.gt

Thank you my dear friend!
I've always admired people who use film. It shows courage and class. I hope one day I will have my courage back. Still having a lot of films in a freezer.
I look forward to seeing more of your works, especially, with your film projects.
Best
Pramote
Well.... if you're game...:thumbs:

Watch for a new thread here on the MF forum.:cool:

dave.gt

This is the FUN thread, right?

Fun is not a lot of work, at least in my opinion, it is...well... fun! So, what better way than to encourage others to have fun? Maybe some others will create their own holiday fun and post too.

A little playful artistic license, all crafted by "moi"!:grin:

Leica S
Vario 30-90mm:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I call this one "Suspicion". The bears have been rolling in kelp on the seashore, waiting for freeze-up so they can get out on the ice to hunt seals. Unfortunately, with climate change they are getting out later and the ice melts earlier, curtailing their hunting season.

Churchill, Manitoba, XF/240 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.