The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Don't do it Matt!! It's a slippery slope! For me, it's a square crop, lose the window on the left, keep the barred ones above and have the figure towards the left, same as your first crop but with more up top. I'm all for cropping, especially as you have all those lovely pixels, moving stuff though, hmmm.

Mat
Thanks Mat,

I tried the square crop already, and it is an improvement over my original. My wife, though, still insists that the centered figure is suitably balanced by the off-center windows and I should leave it alone. Yes, ma'am! :salute:

:grin:

Matt

jng

I just spent a wonderful three days in Yosemite, chasing the light and fall colors with some Pigs alumni.

Backlit trees
9_P11_07_2019_22854_C1-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250/5.6 Superachromat | f/11

- John

Last edited:

Shashin

Thanks Mat,

I tried the square crop already, and it is an improvement over my original. My wife, though, still insists that the centered figure is suitably balanced by the off-center windows and I should leave it alone. Yes, ma'am! :salute:

:grin:

Matt
Yes, the rule of thirds is always superseded by the rule of the better half. That is axiomatic, no proof needed.

ndwgolf

I agree Matt, the looser crop works nicely, I may prefer the cropped version but only because the silhouette is off centre, to my eye it feels nicer there than in the centre of the wider crop, I do like the barred windows though.

Been out for a long walk this morning, lots of places where nobody goes, so fresh scenes of powdery snow with nothing more than the odd fox, reindeer or moose footprints to deal with. Lakes are frozen over now but not enough for me to risk walking out on them, soon though.

Very nice

M

mjr

Morning

We're not getting much light here in the day, around 2pm the sun is barely over the small mountains we have here and everything feels dusk like, it's cool. Yesterday walking down by the river, I like the snow collecting on these branches and making them droop under the weight, nice with the river winding in the background.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I just did a count of picture frequency with the GFX100, X1D, and Leica S. My average captures per month was about equal with the Fuji and the Leica, and one-fifth as much with the X1D. The X1D never gave less than stellar output. I just never loved using it. I may not like using the Fuji as much as the Leica S, or prefer its output, but it's made up for by the ease of "getting the shot".

Cleopatra's Needle - GFX100, 23mm/4 @f/11

Matt

Last edited:

P. Chong

The Bulgari Christmas Lightup at Ion Orchard, Singapore. Two panel stitch. Each panel is made with the Phase One XF IQ4 150 Frame Averaging Tool for 1 minute exposure. Each frame is shot at 1/80s, f/3.5, ISO 100. Lens is the Schneider Kreuznach 45mm BR.

ion-bulgari-pano-2560.jpg

etrump

Several views of Cedar Falls in Arkansas at Petit Jean State Park. I liked the color palette going on with the dirty water.

XF/IQ3100/40-80LS:

Status
Not open for further replies.