The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Matt, at the tender age of 12, (while making mad dashes for the cross town buses), I was the youngest member of the advanced Astronomy course at The Hayden Planetarium in NYC....for all the good it did (I didn't have a clue what calculus was all about). One piece of info I retained is Mercury is a single planet but maybe you've proved all of us wrong. I see three dots across the suns surface so maybe I have to revise my impression of what we were taught.

In all seriousness, I'm inspired and impressed by what you captured! :)

Dave (D&A)
Dave,

It's really a testament to modern equipment. With live view and OIS/IBIS, it's aim, AF, check focus in magnified view, adjust exposure manually, and fire. Stabilization makes it like a video game. It's easy enough to be mildly irritating!

Best,

Matt

D&A

Dave,

It's really a testament to modern equipment. With live view and OIS/IBIS, it's aim, AF, check focus in magnified view, adjust exposure manually, and fire. Stabilization makes it like a video game. It's easy enough to be mildly irritating!

Best,

Matt
Matt, if it was easy, it wouldn't be fun nor lead to a feeling of accomplishment in acquiring the results you achieved (and posted). Nice going!

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

A story that may be of interest: Matt's shot of the sun reminded me of a recent task I had. A local organization holds a charity auction of 12 corner tables, each decorated by a local artist. I was "recruited" to add a photographic table. I had no idea how to do this but was eventually pleased with the outcome and it may be a process that others might use. I printed a picture of a the 2017 total eclipse, glued it to the table after trimming to fit, and covered the tabletop with an epoxy resin. The process adds a great luminosity to the image, similar to mounting on acrylic.
Attached are the original image (645Z, 600mm) and an overview of the finished table at the auction site with some of the other tables.

Attachments

I was out shooting something completely different last week and I saw this out in the fog in Jenner, CA. I had just enough time to plop the XF and 240mm on the tripod before it disappeared back into the fog.

Salt_Point_Nov2019_028.jpg

Ed Hurst

Recently had a trip to San Francisco. Time has been short for editing/processing, so I'll share pictures as the opportunity arises. To start off, though, here are a couple...

Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach (Pentax 645Z with 90mm f2.8 DFA lens)
[/url]StarTrailsFromFilsIMGP4156-5261_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

View from above the Robin Williams tunnel (Pentax 645Z with 55mm f2.8 DFA lens)
[/url]IMGP5279_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

tsjanik

Recently had a trip to San Francisco. ...............
Ed, Very nice as usual. It's apparent from your posted images that you travel quite often with your 645Z. If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious which lenses you routinely take and what carry-on bag you use. Thanks,
Tom

Ed Hurst

Ed, Very nice as usual. It's apparent from your posted images that you travel quite often with your 645Z. If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious which lenses you routinely take and what carry-on bag you use. Thanks,
Tom
Thanks, Tom. I hope you are ready for a shocking answer... Because I am a very silly person.

Although I have several other lenses, I routinely fly with the following:
- 645Z body
- 28-45mm DA lens
- 25mm DA lens (sometimes omitted if I think the 28-45 will be enough)
- 55mm DFA lens
- 75mm f2.8AL (6x7) lens
- 90mm DFA lens
- 150mm FA lens
- 200mm f4 (6x7) lens
- 300mm f4EDIF (6x7) lens
Sometimes, I also bring the 120mm f4 A lens

All this I fit into a rucksack that my employer gave me. It is absurdly heavy, certainly not padded around each item as it should be (just thrown in together!) and well over any airline's weight limits. But they generally don't weigh it and as long as I carry it nonchalantly, I get away with it. I think being a tall man makes it look like a normal bag against me. The only time I have ever been stung was on JetStar, an airline that weighs all carry-on.

When I fly to San Francisco, I also take the 400mm f4EDIF (6x7) lens in its metal case, packed into my suitcase. But that's not a routine thing! And not carry-on... I do it because I know it's a place where I will want a longer lens.

tsjanik

Thanks, Tom. I hope you are ready for a shocking answer... Because I am a very silly person.

Although I have several other lenses, I routinely fly with the following:
- 645Z body
- 28-45mm DA lens
- 25mm DA lens (sometimes omitted if I think the 28-45 will be enough)
- 55mm DFA lens
- 75mm f2.8AL (6x7) lens
- 90mm DFA lens
- 150mm FA lens
- 200mm f4 (6x7) lens
- 300mm f4EDIF (6x7) lens
Sometimes, I also bring the 120mm f4 A lens..................

I also take the 400mm f4EDIF (6x7) lens in its metal case, packed into my suitcase. ........
LOL and OMG, do you have any room for clothes? Well Ed, you clearly are not a source of information about a minimalist kit!

k-hawinkler

A rather special morning in San Francisco Bay - looking from Marin Headlands over the Golden Gate Bridge towards the city and the Bay Bridge.

[/URL]IMGP5437_Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]IMGP5553_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]IMGP5585_Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]IMGP5611_Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/URL]IMGP5434_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
Very special indeed! Amazing shots. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.