The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

Went out before sunrise today, was a bit of a shock as easily under -25 by the river. I'm sure I could have done a much better job of this had I not been f'ing freezing, still not too bad in the circumstances.

M

mjr

Soooo cold last night, I mean, even for here it felt freezing. A lot of aurora though, so can't complain too much.

D&A

"Natures Wall to Wall Carpeting". Cap to Cap Trail; Varina, Virginia.

The Capital Trail, often referred to as the "Cap to Cap Trail", runs from Richmond Va., the Capital of the State of Virginia (which was made the Confederate Capital during the Civil War) to the Jamestown Settlement in Virginia. Jamestown, founded in 1607, was the first successful permanent English settlement in what would become the United States. The settlement thrived for nearly 100 years as the capital of the Virginia colony. Hence the name "Cap to Cap. It runs along (parallels) much of Route 5, which has seen 400 years of history (battles of war, encampments, plantations, Presidential homes/birthplaces and early settlements) including nearby colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. Historical Plaques and markers complete with stories dot the trail along its varied and diverse landscape.

Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

AlanS

Well after a week or so of really wet windy weather it was bright and frosty this morning! :D
Weardale...

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning

Not a super interesting composition but loving the morning light on the river.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Morning

Not a super interesting composition but loving the morning light on the river.

Lovely, Mat

You know the old saying:

One is light.
Two is composition.
Three is everything else.

Except it should insert "the photographer" before "light"

Matt

M

mjr

Morning

I'm not out shooting aurora much this year so only a few images to share, not that motivated to stand out in the cold like I have been in the past. No moon for these shots, which generally produces far nicer images.

AlanS

Been having a play today with long exposures. (comments are welcome)
Sunlit tree, Hamsterley forest...

Status
Not open for further replies.