The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Thanks Ed. I agree, its exciting getting fog in a forest. It hides all the chaos. I was fortunate to get many images with full on fog, or partial fog. Enjoy Stand Out. Have fun.

Doesn’t fog make every image better?!? :ROTFL:

This will be great in print Steven! :thumbs:

AlanS

Finding subjects for long exposure in woodlands is taxing, I am going to have to explore this more...

Quentin_Bargate

Fuji GFX100, 32-64mm at 32mm, 3.1 secs, F/11, ISO200.

Very late evening. I really should have worn proper waterproof clothing!

One of the first images I have processed in Capture One 20. The overall hue is a consequence of the late evening fading light

dave.gt

A stitched panorama using the Phase One XF IQ4 150 camera.
Simply elegant, Steven.:):):)

I am delighted to see some of your results from your two weeks in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! But I am not surprised, not at all, because you delivered not only at the highest level but your work shows your bond with a difficult environment that presented itself to you in constantly evolving weather. I know this is true because we were there at the same time for a short while.

It was a highlight of 2019 getting to meet you, your wife and Tim.:) (Note: not so sure about Bert, though..:ROTFL:)

It was also fulfilling to see a little window into your world of photography and I was amazed at your hard work, determination, creativity, and, of course the results you have shared.

Thank you again for the opportunity to meet up!:thumbup:

D&A

"Betwixt and Between the Seasons"

At Turkey Island Creek, adjacent to the Capital to Capital (Cap to Cap) Trail…..who's historical significance to the history of the U.S. was referenced in my previous post.

Pentax 645Z; D FA 35mm f3.5 .

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

stevenfr

Thank you Dave. I appreciate your kind thoughts. I am just about done my edit from the Smoky Mountains shoot. I will post a link when I am done. I am behind, I have been busy with printing and writing a magazine article. It was very challenging shoot. So much clutter in the forest, and the first day of hurricane force winds did not help.

It was great to meet you and your wife. Yes we could of had dinner without Bert. For everyone reading we met Dave and his wife for dinner and we had a cockroach run across our table. I trapped him under a pepper-mill. We named him Bert. The restaurant gave us free desserts, not a bad deal.

Simply elegant, Steven.:):):)

I am delighted to see some of your results from your two weeks in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! But I am not surprised, not at all, because you delivered not only at the highest level but your work shows your bond with a difficult environment that presented itself to you in constantly evolving weather. I know this is true because we were there at the same time for a short while.

It was a highlight of 2019 getting to meet you, your wife and Tim.:) (Note: not so sure about Bert, though..:ROTFL:)

It was also fulfilling to see a little window into your world of photography and I was amazed at your hard work, determination, creativity, and, of course the results you have shared.

Thank you again for the opportunity to meet up!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.