The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Fuji GFX100, 32-64mm at 32mm, 3.1 secs, F/11, ISO200.

Very late evening. I really should have worn proper waterproof clothing!

One of the first images I have processed in Capture One 20. The overall hue is a consequence of the late evening fading light

Wonderful capture Quentin (and processing too) !! (I wonder if you did something special about the front-rocks, that makes them pop in this special fine way?)
Did you find things or rendering-ways that is a benefit in C120 compared to the previous edition?, and that makes it worthwhile upgrading?
KR Thorkil

Quentin_Bargate

Wonderful capture Quentin (and processing too) !! (I wonder if you did something special about the front-rocks, that makes them pop in this special fine way?)
Did you find things or rendering-ways that is a benefit in C120 compared to the previous edition?, and that makes it worthwhile upgrading?
KR Thorkil
Thanks, Thorkil, for your kind words.

I have to confess I have no particular expertise with C120. I started using Capture One in preference to Lightroom a few months back, and it is mainly because I find it has slightly better colour and I don't find the basics that complicated to master. I think that the light made the front rocks pop as much as C120, but I did a bit of selective masking to slightly enhance the pop without I hope going too far. I used the new High Dynamic Range sliders for the first time with this image, and only watched a couple of videos about them after I had done so! They do seem to give greater control over contrast and shadow / highlight recovery than Lightroom, and in a less destructive way too.

No doubt I will learn more in the coming weeks and months as my experience grows.

I also have to praise the technology in the Fuji GFX100 and its lens system, simply an amazing high end camera system, and I speak as a former user of an older generation Hasselblad H5D 200MS. I look forward to multishot being implemented in it in due course (not that it would have been any use for this picture, of course).

I also need a new set of waterproof boots...!

P. Chong

A shot of a bicycle shop by the main train station in Geneva, photographed recently. Phase One XF IQ4 150 with Schneider Kreuznach 45mm LS Blue Line. Hand held, just after sunset. f/3.5, 1/40s, ISO 800.

bicycle-shop.jpg

D&A

Of course there would be a Boulangerie next to the bike shop. Those putting in a good day's ride have to replenish the calories they burned :ROTFL:. How convenient! :)

Dave (D&A)

Thorkil

Thanks, Thorkil, for your kind words.

I have to confess I have no particular expertise with C120. I started using Capture One in preference to Lightroom a few months back, and it is mainly because I find it has slightly better colour and I don't find the basics that complicated to master. I think that the light made the front rocks pop as much as C120, but I did a bit of selective masking to slightly enhance the pop without I hope going too far. I used the new High Dynamic Range sliders for the first time with this image, and only watched a couple of videos about them after I had done so! They do seem to give greater control over contrast and shadow / highlight recovery than Lightroom, and in a less destructive way too.

No doubt I will learn more in the coming weeks and months as my experience grows.

I also have to praise the technology in the Fuji GFX100 and its lens system, simply an amazing high end camera system, and I speak as a former user of an older generation Hasselblad H5D 200MS. I look forward to multishot being implemented in it in due course (not that it would have been any use for this picture, of course).

I also need a new set of waterproof boots...!
Thank you Quentin!
That was my thought, that you did something with the stones in front, but certainly without overdoing it (!), just with a little hint of sufficient magic I think :thumbup:
I think what you tell about the new High Dynamic Range sliders in C120 makes me curious enough to have to make the jump :) Thanks..
Yes you have to find some waterproof boots, or a dozen of dry socks.. :)
KR Thorkil

PeterA

Leaf75 Actus - one of the many shots I made of my Carl Fogarty replica - and the last of the Ducati 996 SPS series - one of 120 made.

AlanS

Mmmmm Ducati!
Do you ride it Pete? I owned and rode for many years a very early 748SP, what fun, full Termi exhaust, nobody would ride behind me due to the noise!!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.