The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Another watch shot from the Greubel Forsey shoot recently. This is the Hand Made 1, a watch which is almost (95%) made by hand. Handwork comes at a price, though...this one hits the scale at CHF 1 million.

Photographed with my Hasselblad H3D39 + HC4/120 Makro. Profoto Compact 600 flash. All ancient gear, still working hard for me in my little studio.

greubelforsey-handmade1-soldat-2560.jpg

Craig Stocks

Closeup of a screen from an old rear-projection TV with red, green and blue gelled lights on the other side (see the BTS photo). Taken with a Canon 24mm tilt-shift on a Cambo body using an IQ4150 back. Taken at f/11 with the lens tilted to extend the plane of focus. I really enjoy the extremely close focus capability of the lens.

Attachments

AlanS

Lovely images of the river Wear Alan, is this one taken from Low Barns, it looks familiar?
Hi Mark, thanks for the kind remarks! Yes near Low Barns, this one is from just the otherside (West) of the new A68 bridge (all my "Wear" shots are from this area).

k-hawinkler

My count: 18 Bushtits ! :shocked: :clap:

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/5.6, 1/1000 s, ISO 125.

k-hawinkler

Cute looking Bushtits

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/5.6,1/1000 s, ISO 100, showing a quarter of the image.

In the past I have used ball and gimbal heads on tripods. I always felt ball heads were pretty much impossible to adjust precisely. The problem I experienced with gimbal heads were minute adjustments. Couldn't be done by me quickly. As soon as I loosened the horizontal lock, the gimbal would jitter around due to my inadvertent small muscle movements. There got to be a better option. :banghead:

I found that in a Manfrotto 504HD Video Head on a Robus RC-5570 Vantage Series 3 Carbon Fiber Tripod with 75mm Half Ball. :thumbs:

I used this support for the above image. :clap:

ropo54

Chloe out for a stroll. Leica S 180mm

(Squinty eyed and with a bad overbite. Saved from the dog pound by "Daschund Rescue", she was the runt of the litter, and now can be happily found wrapped under her blanket when not out for a stroll!)

Attachments

DougDolde

An old image shot with Contax 645 and a Leaf Aptus 75s. Spider Rock at Canyon de Chelly. Just received a request from National Geographic to license the image for a book called Destinations of a Lifetime. They pay $300 take it or leave it, but easy money

C55439A7-823F-4601-8655-B3D700EDB9D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.