The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Cypress Pride

While I love great vistas and spectacular sunsets / sunrises like the next man, I also love to explore the simplicity of shapes & pastel colours when the occasion arises such as here, on the Tuscan hills. 91 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Ed Hurst

Today is the 129th anniversary of the opening of the City & South London Railway - the world's first deep-level, tube railway. Most of that railway now forms part of the Northern Line on the London Underground system and still sees heavy use every day. This picture shows Clapham Common station, which opened when the line was extended in 1900 (two world wars ago!).

It is because of the age of the system that there are two still stations like this, where train runs either side of a narrow, island platform. It gets very crowded in busy times. There were other stations like this, but they have been rebuilt with separate, larger spaces for trains in each direction for reasons of safety and comfort. I wonder how much longer this one will survive in this form...

Hand-held shot, taken with Pentax 645Z and 28-45mm f4.5 lens @ 28mm using ISO 6400. It's a composite in order to position the two trains exactly where I wanted them.

[/url]IMGP5813_Step8sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

k-hawinkler

Spared by the June 2011 Las Conchas Fire, though the fire got very close! :bugeyes:

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR @ 64 mm (51 mm in 35mm), f/11, 1/750 s, ISO 100, image shot by my daughter.

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR @ 32 mm (25 mm in 35mm), f/11, 1/160 s, ISO 100.

AlanS

River Wear, 2 image h pano.
I have shot this tree a few times over the years but as the river erodes the bank I fear it will not endure much longer. This is probably my favourite, but I will no doubt take more before it goes......

B L

Spared by the June 2011 Las Conchas Fire, though the fire got very close! :bugeyes:

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR @ 64 mm (51 mm in 35mm), f/11, 1/750 s, ISO 100, image shot by my daughter.

Your daughter is on a path to become successful. Full marks to her.Best wishes.

tsjanik

Kouchiboujuac National Park, New Brunswick. XF/150/80mm.
Lovely picture from a lovely park. We were caught there during a tremendous storm when my wife and I were on our honeymoon. Fortunately the campgrounds have excellent cooking and eating shelters. Below is a shot from a more recent trip (645D, 35mm A). Honeymoon was so long ago that the shots are on glass plates :)
Tom

20120804_0071 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

stevenfr

Two ravens on a branch in the Smoky Mountains. I was really fortunate I got this image. I didn't realize the birds were in my shot until I looked up and the flew away. This frame was part of a pano stitch. This is one frame of the six image stitch. I was very fortunate to get the birds, and for the prefect framing as I was shooting across.

Attachments

vieri

Black Church Aurora

I just came back from Iceland, and I already can't wait to go back! Here's the Northern Lights over Budir's iconic black church, a shot from last March. 23 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad*X1D and Hasselblad XCD 21mm.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

drevil

Staff member

When you have only a couple of hours of possible sun light each day, at least you can expect an impressive sunset right?

GFX100 with canon tse 50, hardly any post processing

stngoldberg

Re: Fun with MF image

Reviewing some images on hard drives from a decade ago.this one was taken in Wellfleet Ma during the summer of 2009. This scene of a biker crossing an old wooden bridge was taken from the back door of an art gallery. Many artists spend their summers in this area of Cape Cod and claim the light is extraordinary for painting and photography.
Stanley

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.