The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinya28

Kyoto 2019 Fall #1

I stayed in Kyoto Japan from November 5th thru December 4th. Long stay in Kyoto has been my long time bucket list and finally happened.
I didn't bring my camera gears all the time, I finally could soak myself into culture of Kyoto, and needless to mention but truly enjoyed.

Sorry for a bit off seasonal fall pictures but fall colors in Kyoto happens rather late. I will upload more pictures of Kyoto and surrounding sceneries in coming days.

Kinya

P1 IQ4-150, Cambo WRS, 40HR, 90 sec frame averaging to eliminate people

Attachments

vjbelle

A very peaceful and mild day here in Memphis. Merry Christmas everyone.....

4150, Actus, Schneider 72mm, 8mm Rise. Didn't even have to frame average as the water was like glass.

Cheers....

Victor

Attachments

ndwgolf

Another watch shot from the Greubel Forsey shoot recently. This is the Hand Made 1, a watch which is almost (95%) made by hand. Handwork comes at a price, though...this one hits the scale at CHF 1 million.

Photographed with my Hasselblad H3D39 + HC4/120 Makro. Profoto Compact 600 flash. All ancient gear, still working hard for me in my little studio.

View attachment 146036
I need to try that with my new watch...........maybe I will try it tomorrow :)

Neil

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Greetings All,

I have been absent - first with the flu, then with family drama, now back from the abyss. And so, I dragged my sorry *** outside with a camera. Being at Mohonk Mountain House helped. And so:

Dawn over the Catskills. GFX100, 100-200 zoom @ 101.8mm (!) There *may* be a bit of Velvia color profile at work here :D

Skaters, 23mm f/11 1/3 second (The skater is pushing a chair.)

Breakfast Light, 23mm f/8

Detail

Merry Xmas,

Matt

PeterA

Greetings All,

I have been absent - first with the flu, then with family drama, now back from the abyss. And so, I dragged my sorry *** outside with a camera. Being at Mohonk Mountain House helped. And so:

Dawn over the Catskills. GFX100, 100-200 zoom @ 101.8mm (!) There *may* be a bit of Velvia color profile at work here :D

Skaters, 23mm f/11 1/3 second (The skater is pushing a chair.)

Breakfast Light, 23mm f/8

Detail

Merry Xmas,

Matt
Welcome back Matt - and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Pete

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #2

As I mentioned in previous upload, I stayed in Kyoto for one whole month. I could witness just before fall foliage through just after.

These are taken at the same location in three weeks apart, early November and late November. Foliage reflected on the surface of black lacquer pained table.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150, XF SK35mmBR, Placed XF on the table to get lowest possible angle and maximize reflection.

Attachments

Pelorus

I'm loving this series already. Kyoto has so many layers, visiting and revisiting is like peeling an onion. At first you think you understand, then you realise you understand nothing, then little fragments make sense, but the whole picture will never reveal itself....

Higashiyama is my favourite part of Kyoto. It's where I always stay and where I would live given half a chance :)

Please keep posting, preferably 3 times a day :cool:

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #2

As I mentioned in previous upload, I stayed in Kyoto for one whole month. I could witness just before fall foliage through just after.

These are taken at the same location in three weeks apart, early November and late November. Foliage reflected on the surface of black lacquer pained table.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150, XF SK35mmBR, Placed XF on the table to get lowest possible angle and maximize reflection.

ndwgolf

I need to try that with my new watch...........maybe I will try it tomorrow :)

Neil
Not as easy as I thought............#1 I didn't realize that my new second hand "Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date" Christmas present to myself had so many small scratches.......lol

Also getting the lighting right was not easy (for me anyway) as the first few shots showed the second hand blur due to the initial slow shutter speed.

Neil

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.