The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L

stngoldberg said:
Picton Castle in late afternoon summer light in a becalmed ocean immediately after a violent rainstorm.
Stanley
Stan, Perfect candidate for wall hanging.

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #3

While I was waiting for the peak of fall colors in the city, I explored surrounded mountains where you can find fall colors earlier.
It was fortunate that there is a patch of low hanging clouds in the valley in the morning I visited.

I drove down the hills and visited morning fish market at Obama fishing port and enjoyed variety of fresh seafoods especially famous crab.

P1 IQ4150 Cambo WRS1600 SK120mm, Shift up a few mm, focus stack for the image with car light trail.

Attachments

dave.gt

Hyatt Lane in Cades Cove?

Joe
Hi, Joe!

It is indeed. :):):)

We were in the area for one day only and covered a lot of ground in four hours, including Cades Cove because there was very little traffic since we were a couple of weeks late for the peak color. We only returned with a dozen or so keepers. But Steven found a treasure of photo opportunities as his posts and website show!!!

The solitude evoked in this image was real!:)

I could easily have spent a couple of days there, but we had a doctor's appointment two hours away from there the next day. I was delighted with the results.

We will return in the Spring, and we can't wait!:thumbup:

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #4

Sanzen-in temple is quite famous among Japanese and located about an hour north of Kyoto city. You can find beautiful moss filled ground at garden and fall colors arrive earlier than most of places in the city.
As most of temples in Kyoto, monopod/tripod are not allowed and handheld shooting required, clean file with high ISO with the latest IQ back shines.

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK40-80mm

Attachments

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 32-64

For the last week we have actually have had something else than rain all the time, regarding the weather.
Makes life less wet..

Ray

darr

Camellias

Sinar Norma + Old Brass Barrel Petzval + CFV-50c

--

I recently acquired an antique Petzval brass barrel lens from circa. 1880s.
Using it with 4x5" film produces a lot of bokeh swirling and out-of-focus areas.
Using it with the tiny area of a 33x44 sensor gets to a centered sweet spot.

The lens was mounted to a Graphic lens board and waterstops were made by S.K. Grimes.
No in lens shutter, but I was able to use a one shot cable from my P45 to trigger the CFV-50c.
Image was made in studio using a Profoto remote trigger and wide open lens (no lens cap).

Hope everyone is well, and wishing you all a Happy New Year!!

Kind regards,
Darr

etrump

Looks like a scene from a Wes Anderson movie - nicely done!

A very peaceful and mild day here in Memphis. Merry Christmas everyone.....

4150, Actus, Schneider 72mm, 8mm Rise. Didn't even have to frame average as the water was like glass.

Cheers....

Victor

Greg Haag

Headed back to Death Valley the end of January, second time there but first time with technical camera. I am excited to go back, a little more concerned this time about keeping sand off of sensor and lens.

Leica S007
Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes small.jpg

vjbelle

My wife and I will be there a week ahead of you. Also looking forward to the trip as I have yet to get a dunes shot that I even remotely like.

Have a great trip.....

Victor

Greg Haag

Victor, I wish our times had lined up, I look forward to seeing your images!

My wife and I will be there a week ahead of you. Also looking forward to the trip as I have yet to get a dunes shot that I even remotely like.

Have a great trip.....

Victor

gurtch

I am posting these two images on the fun with medium format thread and fun with medium format film thread. First image from Feb 1986 shot with Pentax 645, Kodacolor negative film and a graduated pink filter. I re-did it today with a new sky made with my digital camera. I am 82 and reliving my youth-----sorry!
Dave
s100A.jpgD796 framed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.