The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #6

I was mesmerized by the scenes with a combination of red maple leaves and roof lines of traditional Japanese buildings. As you can imagine, you can find so many photo opportunities of this combo in Kyoto.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK150mm, SK40-80mm, SK35mm, Handheld except second image.

Attachments

MartinN

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #6

I was mesmerized by the scenes with a combination of red maple leaves and roof lines of traditional Japanese buildings. As you can imagine, you can find so many photo opportunities of this combo in Kyoto.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK150mm, SK40-80mm, SK35mm, Handheld except second image.
I just enjoyed some teriyaki pork and Kura no machi tokubetsu junmai ginjo, all in my home, these images complete the experience :rolleyes:

gurtch

Yesterday here on Long Beach Island, NJ it was the lousiest weather I have seen here in a long time. From the minute we woke up, the fog was so thick you could only see a short distance, and on top of that it was raining. We had a lunch date with friends in land about 40 miles south. Close by from where we had lunch we decided to visit one of my favorite spots in the lousy weather, as I thought there might be picture possibilities. GFX 50 R, 32-64 lens, ISO 800, f11, monopod to steady the camera. Thanks for looking. We also ran across an old church with grave stones in the fog. That will be my next processing project.
Dave in NJ
D797 framed.jpg

Ed Hurst

Today is the 129th anniversary of the opening of the City & South London Railway - the world's first deep-level, tube railway. Most of that railway now forms part of the Northern Line on the London Underground system and still sees heavy use every day. This picture shows Clapham Common station, which opened when the line was extended in 1900 (two world wars ago!).

It is because of the age of the system that there are two still stations like this, where train runs either side of a narrow, island platform. It gets very crowded in busy times. There were other stations like this, but they have been rebuilt with separate, larger spaces for trains in each direction for reasons of safety and comfort. I wonder how much longer this one will survive in this form...

Hand-held shot, taken with Pentax 645Z and 28-45mm f4.5 lens @ 28mm using ISO 6400. It's a composite in order to position the two trains exactly where I wanted them.

Little correction (I would edit the original post, but it's too old for that function to available to me...)... It was shot at 45mm not 28mm.

dave.gt

Little correction (I would edit the original post, but it's too old for that function to available to me...)... It was shot at 45mm not 28mm.
Ed, I presume tripod shot... ???

Another current thread discusses the nightmares of London photography especially if you use a tripod.

What is the truth about that? Your posts show a lot of night shots and obviously you are not incarcerated!!!:cool:

Ed Hurst

Ed, I presume tripod shot... ???

Another current thread discusses the nightmares of London photography especially if you use a tripod.

What is the truth about that? Your posts show a lot of night shots and obviously you are not incarcerated!!!:cool:

Actually, handheld not on a tripod. Partly because I was doing this en route to a function, so the pictures had to be done opportunistically. But also because using a tripod in such a location at a busy time would probably have attracted unwanted attention...

I have never had an issue with tripod use if done sensibly outside of busy times/places, but perhaps I have been lucky. I know some people have had issues...

AlanS

Happy New Year to all,
Had some frost the other morning....

For some reason the frost forms on some saplings but not others!

Ed Hurst

On the night of 30th December, I ventured out into Sussex and Kent in search of opportunities to photograph the stars. Although the sky was cloudless, the area was stubbornly full of thick fog. Getting over the usual disappointment at not getting hoped-for conditions, and its concomitant temptation to give up, I decided to head to Bodiam Castle to try and use the fog to advantage.

What I found when I got there was nothing short of magical. The fog meant that the castle was felt as much as seen, looming through the murk. There wasn't the faintest breath of wind, allowing the moat to sit glassily in the foreground. And all I could hear around me was the incessant dripping of water off frigid branches. No other sound, or light, reached me. It was like being in an enchanted wood from a children's fable. I half expected mediæval knights, bears or monsters to appear. What actually emerged was a badger at very close quarters - which took some time to notice me.

The castle dates back to the 14th century. Having it to myself felt like some sort of farewell to England... I emigrate back to Australia next week!

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA lens. Exposures in the range of 13-15 minutes. ISO 400 or 500. Aperture f4.5. Dark frame (long exposure noise reduction) activated.

[/url]IMGP5916_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMGP5923_Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMGP5925_Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

B L

On the night of 30th December, I ventured out into Sussex and Kent in search of opportunities to photograph the stars. Although the sky was cloudless, the area was stubbornly full of thick fog. Getting over the usual disappointment at not getting hoped-for conditions, and its concomitant temptation to give up, I decided to head to Bodiam Castle to try and use the fog to advantage.

What I found when I got there was nothing short of magical. The fog meant that the castle was felt as much as seen, looming through the murk. There wasn't the faintest breath of wind, allowing the moat to sit glassily in the foreground. And all I could hear around me was the incessant dripping of water off frigid branches. No other sound, or light, reached me. It was like being in an enchanted wood from a children's fable. I half expected mediæval knights, bears or monsters to appear. What actually emerged was a badger at very close quarters - which took some time to notice me.

The castle dates back to the 14th century. Having it to myself felt like some sort of farewell to England... I emigrate back to Australia next week!

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA lens. Exposures in the range of 13-15 minutes. ISO 400 or 500. Aperture f4.5. Dark frame (long exposure noise reduction) activated.

Greetings,
I like 1st image, no wait, its the 2nd.... no, I will settle for the 3rd.
Sorry, I cant choose one so I am saying all three photos are beating one another.

AlanS

Having it to myself felt like some sort of farewell to England... I emigrate back to Australia next week!
Hell of a parting shot Ed! Wonderful.
Hope you got your sunscreen and fireproof undies!
Are you going anywhere near the dreadful fires? Take care!

Ed Hurst

Greetings,
I like 1st image, no wait, its the 2nd.... no, I will settle for the 3rd.
Sorry, I cant choose one so I am saying all three photos are beating one another.
Hell of a parting shot Ed! Wonderful.
Hope you got your sunscreen and fireproof undies!
Are you going anywhere near the dreadful fires? Take care!

Thanks so much to you both.

Alan - we'll be living in Sydney. The fires themselves have not yet penetrated into metropolitan areas of that sort, though it could happen. So far, the main direct harm to us seems like it will be the smoke. My four year old son has asthma, so it's a worry. We have invested in air purifiers of a fairly extreme spec.... Sunscreen and asbestos underpants are de rigeur anyway!

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #8

Images along Katsura river (桂川)and famous Togetsu-kyo bridge (渡月橋) ,first bridge built in 836. It is a wonderful area to walk along and enjoy scenery and visit many temples in Arashiyama (嵐山) district.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 Cambo WRS1600, HR40mm, HR70mm, Frame Averaging 60 sec for first image

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.