The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Just a fun shot from the Great Smoky Mountains Fall Tour in 2019.

Sometimes, you just take a shot to remember something. In this case, I was scouting the next restaurant to visit when we return in the Spring. Despite the rain shower, I persisted in getting a handheld shot so we could plan our itinerary for the next trip.

The Old Mill.
Leica S
Vario 30-90mm:

PS: After months of using the S with the Vario lens, I can honestly say that it makes for a fantastic, versatile travel lens as well as landscapes and portraits.:thumbup:

Greg Haag

Heading back to Death Valley at the end of the month, this will be my second trip so I feel a little more prepared. I will be driving out from Arkansas and will have about 3 extra days and trying to decide what else I might try to see. Here is my initial list of possibilities, Page AZ area (Horseshoe Bend), Zion NP or the Eastern Sierra's. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Zabriskie Point, Death Valley NP

ZabriskiePoint.jpg

Leica S007 HC35

vieri

Vik's Spirit

Nothing beats the stark beauty of Iceland in winter, and the expressive power of long exposures definitely helps in creating a special mood. Vik's Spirit, 323 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

P. Chong

Photographed this archery competition in Nikko about a decade ago. These guys are amazing. They are riding at full gallop, and shooting at three targets about the size of a piece of A3 paper.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC2.8/80mm.

archer.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Fog. I love fog.

GFX100, 100-200/5.6 Photo is in color. No desaturation.

Found this guy, too. ISO 3200, alas.

Matt

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Heading back to Death Valley at the end of the month, this will be my second trip so I feel a little more prepared. I will be driving out from Arkansas and will have about 3 extra days and trying to decide what else I might try to see. Here is my initial list of possibilities, Page AZ area (Horseshoe Bend), Zion NP or the Eastern Sierra's. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Greg, I'm envious. Death Valley is one of my favorite places for photography. There are so many possibilities in the park that it has taken me several days just to cover some of them. Beyond Death Valley, Alabama Hills is close. If you're going as far as Zion NP, consider Bryce. It's especially beautiful if there is snow on the hoodoos. Page (Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, etc.) is over-visited and may not be as interesting as some other less traveled sites. Enjoy your trip and share your photos with the rest of us.

Joe

Greg Haag

Joe, such a beautiful image! I am excited about Death Valley, my first trip I only had 48 hours, I will have 5 days this time. My dad always talked about how much he enjoyed Bryce, thanks for mentioning it!

Greg, I'm envious. Death Valley is one of my favorite places for photography. There are so many possibilities in the park that it has taken me several days just to cover some of them. Beyond Death Valley, Alabama Hills is close. If you're going as far as Zion NP, consider Bryce. It's especially beautiful if there is snow on the hoodoos. Page (Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, etc.) is over-visited and may not be as interesting as some other less traveled sites. Enjoy your trip and share your photos with the rest of us.

Joe

Greg Haag

Greg

Attached one of my favorite images from Death Valley. I love shooting the dunes. Have a great time.

Steven
Steven, that is an amazing shot! The dunes are what I am most excited about shooting again. That was an unexpected surprise for me last time, I did not expect them to be my favorite.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ye Gods! These magnificent dune pictures are making me thirsty. :chug:

Here's looking down 94th street:

Matt

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #10

Korankei (香嵐渓)another image from Aichi, Japan. Reflection of late afternoon lit fall color on the water and stone.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK150mm, Frame averaging 30sec.

Attachments

etrump

Beautiful image. I hope there is some weather before you arrive in Death Value. Mesquite Dunes was so trampled when driving through yesterday I didn’t even stop. Perhaps on the back side it will be better. I opted for Zabriskie Point as I only had a sunrise to shoot on my way to Lone Pine.

Headed back to Death Valley the end of January, second time there but first time with technical camera. I am excited to go back, a little more concerned this time about keeping sand off of sensor and lens.

Leica S007
View attachment 146342

Status
Not open for further replies.