The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbelle

Greg, that's a long drive..... I've done it numerous times. You may want to consider Canyon de Chelly which is not too far North of HWY 40.

Have fun with your trip.....

Victor

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #12

These are commonly found or postcard composition in Kyoto but can't resist capturing typical yet beautiful scenes. In ideal condition, I should get a photogenic person on the stairs in second image but I guess I was lucky enough to capture no tourist in the image with a few minutes of wait.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK40-80mm, SK150mm, Handheld for first image, focus stacked for second image

Attachments

Last edited:

vieri

Jokulsarlon at sunrise

The glacial lagoon at Jokulsarlon is a classic spot in Iceland, for tourists and photographers alike. And for a reason: it is just amazing to see the multi-coloured icebergs slowly and majestically leaving the lagoon heading towards the sea, where they will dissolve forever. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

B L

Re: Jokulsarlon at sunrise

The glacial lagoon at Jokulsarlon is a classic spot in Iceland, for tourists and photographers alike. And for a reason: it is just amazing to see the multi-coloured icebergs slowly and majestically leaving the lagoon heading towards the sea, where they will dissolve forever. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri
Vieri Sir,
All your pictures are really really excellent. Is it possible to reduce the size of your water mark and perhaps pushed to a side so that it is less in the way to enjoy your pics? But please carry on and you dont need to do anything if you dont feel happy about it.
Regards.

strohscw

Hi Vieri,

I hope you get good money for naming the filter manufacturer You use with every picture You show. :)

br

Wolfram

MODERATER EDIT

That is unnecessary, No rules have been broken.
thanks
-bob

Vieri

Last edited by a moderator:

vieri

Vieri Sir,
All your pictures are really really excellent. Is it possible to reduce the size of your water mark and perhaps pushed to a side so that it is less in the way to enjoy your pics? But please carry on and you dont need to do anything if you dont feel happy about it.
Regards.
Hello, the watermark is actually OFF the picture, on the frame. I wouldn't know how to push it more to the side. Best regards,

Vieri

Kinya28

Kyoto Fall Scenes 2019 #13

I was lucky having opportunity to visit Enko-ji 圓光寺 an hour and half earlier than publicly open at 9:00am.
The most pristine moment I experienced during my stay in Kyoto.

Kinya

P1 IQ4150 XF, SK35mm, Handheld

Attachments

Greg Haag

I did not go out to shoot this morning, but looked out my office door and could see what was coming, so I grabbed my bag to try to at least capture something with this beautiful sunrise. This may be the last picture I take with my IQ3 100, I traded it in with Steve at CI when tempted by Phase One's year end upgrade special. While I have not owned the IQ3 100 long, it has been a great back, my first where I have not had a single issue. It is going to be a great back for someone.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ3 100 Rodenstock 32
Ritter-2.jpg

vjbelle

I did not go out to shoot this morning, but looked out my office door and could see what was coming, so I grabbed my bag to try to at least capture something with this beautiful sunrise. This may be the last picture I take with my IQ3 100, I traded it in with Steve at CI when tempted by Phase One's year end upgrade special. While I have not owned the IQ3 100 long, it has been a great back, my first where I have not had a single issue. It is going to be a great back for someone.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ3 100 Rodenstock 32
Greg.... I hope you like your 4150 as much as your 3100. There's lots to like about both but for sure you are going to miss the incredible live view from the 3100.

Happy Shooting.....

Victor

Greg Haag

Greg.... I hope you like your 4150 as much as your 3100. There's lots to like about both but for sure you are going to miss the incredible live view from the 3100.

Happy Shooting.....

Victor
Thank you Victor, I really struggled with the upgrade, I hope I do not regret the decision!

vjbelle

I don't think you will, wait til you try frame averaging.
As long as the frame averaged image is in focus.... The live view on the 4150 is widely criticized and rightly so. Frame averaging is a niche benefit. Focus is critical!!

That said there are other benefits of the 4150 that you will appreciate such as exposure which takes a little learning but once you get used to it you will really appreciate it.

Cheers....

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.