The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

I finally knuckled down and put some effort in to learning darktable recently, I must say that v3 really is a very capable piece of s/w. All of my recent monochrome pics are processed with it and although I am still experimenting, I am quite pleased with the results!
Anyway, Hamsterley forest...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like the resulting conversions -- very "silver-like" :thumbs:

I finally knuckled down and put some effort in to learning darktable recently, I must say that v3 really is a very capable piece of s/w. All of my recent monochrome pics are processed with it and although I am still experimenting, I am quite pleased with the results!
Anyway, Hamsterley forest...

cgastelum

Hi Recently fitted my Alpa SWA with a phase one P20+ and took some handheld shoots on my recent trip to New Hampshire. I love this combination but I need to sell the digital back :( can't justify to keep it and the GFX50s at the same time.

by Arq. Carlos Gastelum, on Flickr

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Recently fitted my Alpa SWA with a phase one P20+ and took some handheld shoots on my recent trip to New Hampshire. I love this combination but I need to sell the digital back :( can't justify to keep it and the GFX50s at the same time.
Maybe the GFX needs to go instead?

Mexecutioner

While you may put $1500-$2000 in your pocket now, in the future you might regret getting rid of a perfectly working back that you like and enables this type of experience.

vieri

Fossil Sands, Isle of Arran, Scotland

The Isle of Arran features some truly unique geological features. The Fossil Sands of Corrie are among the most photogenic of these, a real photographer's playground. 3.2 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

rsinclair

Testing AFA and focus stacking on the Shepaug River, Washington, CT. The initial shots were w/ Lee Big Stop (10-stop) at 4 min exposures and those produce the desired silky water. For the images posted here I used shorter periods for AFA (1 & 2 min) and in retrospect they needed to be longer to smooth out the horse hairs that are inherent with movement and the e-shutter. That said, not having utilized focus stacking, I was pleased with the C1 > Helicon output.

Cheers,
Robert

Shepaug No 1., CT, 2020
P1 XT/IQ4150 Achro/Roden 23mm/ISO 200_1/20s_f11/5-image focus stack, 2 min AFA/image/486 UV/IR cut
Shepaug River_1.jpg

Shepaug No. 2, CT, 2020
P1 XT/IQ4150 Achro/Roden 23mm/ISO 200_1/20s_f11/4-image focus stack, 1 min AFA/image/486 UV/IR cut
Shepaug River_3.jpg

B L

Re: Fossil Sands, Isle of Arran, Scotland

The Isle of Arran features some truly unique geological features. The Fossil Sands of Corrie are among the most photogenic of these, a real photographer's playground. 3.2 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri
Excellent.

Oren Grad

Reaching back to earlier days of medium-format digital... I owned a Mamiya ZD briefly in late 2009 - early 2010. The camera spent most of that time traveling to and from Mamiya in Japan for servicing, but I did manage to take it out a few times for some tests. Mamiya 55mm f/2.8 AF.

AlanS

Re-processed this pre-Christmas shot in darktable V3 with Portra 160 film emulation, quite pleased with the outcome...

Grayhand

903SWC, CFV50c

From this evening sunset.

I did drag an old friend with me this evening.
The SWC has been resting way to long now.

But as always, intimate photos of the sea with this camera results in wet feet!

Ray

vieri

Sunrise at Playa de Gueirua, Asturias

While I love photographing under any weather and any conditions, some sunrises are definitely better than others. When they honour us with their presence in a place like Playa de Gueirua, in Asturias, magic happens! 20 seconds of pure joy with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and the amazing Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri

Grayhand

Re-processed this pre-Christmas shot in darktable V3 with Portra 160 film emulation, quite pleased with the outcome...

What is your thoughts on Dark Table?
I am looking at alternatives to PS in the future.

How does it handle conversions to B/W?

Good or bad?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.