The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

My grandfather died when I was four, he was only 44, so unfortunately my memory of him is somewhere between faint and imagined. My grandmother lived about 48 years longer, shortly before she died, she gave me this old suit case full of his personal items. I have begun to pull items out to photograph, in particular for my mother, today it was his pipes. I had to get creative, lit these with a small flashlight from Lowes using gaffers tape to make a snoot. This was a series of 6 second exposures blended together.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 90mm HR

Grandfathers Pipes w border.jpg

Greg Haag

Tried to make the best of uncooperative weather. I had hired a guide to take me out for a sunrise shoot in Monument Valley only to find we could not go due to heavy fog in the valley, this was my attempt to salvage the morning.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 32mm HR

Monument Valley 3.jpg

B L

Ray, thanks for this one. Sometimes I kick myself for letting my CFV-50c go.
Please dont kick yourselves,because we want to see more and more from you. :)
I thought Ray got shut of his SWC but he takes it out now and then and that very good of him.

Grayhand

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew
Ray, thanks for this one. Sometimes I kick myself for letting my CFV-50c go.

Please dont kick yourselves,because we want to see more and more from you. :)
I thought Ray got shut of his SWC but he takes it out now and then and that very good of him.
Thank´s to both of you for your kind words!

I have not used this combination much the last year.
But as soon as I go out with the camera my hand and eyes automatically knows how to handle and compose with this combination.
I have after all used this combination extensively for some years.
I have contemplating to sell this kit, but now I have no plans to sell any of my camera kits. I may not use it that much, but when I want to, then it is there for me to pick up.
So far I think I have regretted almost all camera equipment I have earlier sold. And the CFV50c is a brillinat piece of equipment I can use on a number of cameras that I have.
And since pension is not far off, all my stuff is intended for use.
The only plan regarding my equipment is to buy some more equipment, you know, just a few small items..

I wonder why I feel so at home here at Dantes ehh I mean GetDPI :chug:

Ray

vieri

Dramatic Tuscan cypresses

Tuscany often evokes images of soft landscapes and serene hills, but there is drama to be found there as well. To express the drama of this scene, I found 60 seconds of exposure and black & white to be the way to go. Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra Grad ND, ND and polariser filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 100-200

Some times when I stand at the edge of the sea, waiting for sunset, it can be wise to turn around..

Ray

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
GFX50(r), 100-200

Some times when I stand at the edge of the sea, waiting for sunset, it can be wise to turn around..

Ray
Or Zabriskie Point waiting for sunrise. This was on a getDPI workshop in 2012. The parking lot:

:angel:

Matt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Sorry Jack

Not a Packard nor Auburn, BUT

yes a Cadillac 1937 V-16, Series 90 Hartmann

Best of Show yesterday at Cavallino in Palm Beach FL
I'll capitulate ;) But at the same time I suspect it is maybe a 3rd party replacement? The 1930's Caddy had a flying goddess, but her wings wings went straight back, more rigid in appearance and not veined like these, basically "flat.' Packard had the goddess of speed with her hands in front of her holding what looked like a small shield, but Packard had a few iterations too --- and I have seen one like you showed on other Packards -- which may also have been 3rd party since I was not alive back then! ;)

algrove

I'll capitulate ;) But at the same time I suspect it is maybe a 3rd party replacement? The 1930's Caddy had a flying goddess, but her wings wings went straight back, more rigid in appearance and not veined like these, basically "flat.' Packard had the goddess of speed with her hands in front of her holding what looked like a small shield, but Packard had a few iterations too --- and I have seen one like you showed on other Packards -- which may also have been 3rd party since I was not alive back then! ;)
Jack
Who knows what these cars came with from the factory. I changed over to Cars /planes/etc thread because my next images are not MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.