The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Oye Plage, France
Pentax 645Z 28/45

Nice, Michael!:) I learn a lot from you, thanks!:thumbup:

In Wiki, I read up a little on Oye Plage. There was only a little history presented but it stated that the leaning tower was part of a distraction during World War II. Apparently that tower and other structures (these?) were built to draw attention of enemy bombers away from the town itself. Fascinating.

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 100-200 + 1.4

One from yesterday.

The following text is for Dave :thumbup:

Don´t look too much by its own, but between 1987 and 2013 it was an integral part of the worlds longest operating cable railway.
It went operational in 1941 and was 41 km long.
It was used to transport limestone from a quarry to a cement factory.
Now most of it has been teared down. A few pylons remain where it passes a lake

This link will show some of the pylons in the lake while it was still operating:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e4/Hjälmaresund.jpg/375px-Hjälmaresund.jpg

Ray

vieri

Gaztelugatxe sunset, Spain

A spectacular sunset on the Basque Country coasts at Gaztelugatxe, a location I love and one offering many compositions besides the famous church on the islet that everyone shots. Looking for personal, original composition is very important for me on both iconic and lesser known locations, such as this. 91 seconds of amazing light with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice, Michael!:) I learn a lot from you, thanks!:thumbup:

In Wiki, I read up a little on Oye Plage. There was only a little history presented but it stated that the leaning tower was part of a distraction during World War II. Apparently that tower and other structures (these?) were built to draw attention of enemy bombers away from the town itself. Fascinating.
Hi Dave, these are a series of bunkers on the beach as part of the Atlantic wall.
This is the leaning tower more land inward.

tsjanik

Very tall white pines in western New York. Skier included for scale. A beautiful place. GFXr, 32-64. Lighter then the 645Z, but I don't like the ergonomics.
Tom

Attachments

jelucoq

Thank you, Pelorus, for your comment. This picture was taken in Saint-Nazaire Harbour which is well known for building cruise boats; this one was ready to leave the harbour for final tests before the real départure, the engines making this movement on the water. As it was quite early on the morning, the light was very interesting, and of course colours too...i was on a little bridge just in front of this monster using one old Mamiya sekor 45 mm 2,8 , a very good lens!! for this picture, the apperture was F11...

Greg Haag

I ran across this looking for an image tonight, I believe it was my first trip with a medium format digital camera, the Hasselblad H2. The last medium format camera I had was in the late 70's to early 80's, a Mamiya 645.

H2D.jpg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Or Zabriskie Point waiting for sunrise. This was on a getDPI workshop in 2012. The parking lot:

:angel:

Matt
Simply just lazy Matt :) The rest of us were on the front slope way before that!

(back in the day when Guy & Jack actually did workshops btw :( ) :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.