The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

This past May my oldest daughter and I made a road trip to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Just now getting around to spending some time with these images. This one was from the Grand Canyon while we were waiting on sunset. I struggled to find a way to photograph the Grand Canyon in which I found interesting, I guess it gives me a reason to go back.

Leica 007

Grand Canyon.jpg

Greg Haag

Thank you Bill! I could never get a sense of what it was I wanted to convey, other than the vastness of it. I tried to use the restaurant in the upper right hand corner of the image to help convey the scale. I think the frustrating part was an image never really congealed in my mind, usually that's not my problem, usually executing my vision is my problem.

With shots like that you don't need to go back, Greg!

vieri

Men Ruz Lighthouse at Sunrise, Brittany, France

All the northern coast of France is dotted with lighthouses. One of the most spectacular, for me, is the Phare de Mean Ruz (or Men Ruz). Its position, its setting and its construction are all extremely inspiring and photogenic, especially with rough seas and an explosive sky such as here. 1.4 seconds with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra Grad ND and ND filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The supermoon peeks through. GFX100, 250/4+1.4x

It was hazy above the cloud layer, so not much contrast. The tight crop, OTOH, is still 12MP, so there’s that.

Matt

Last edited:

Greg Haag

Been home sick with the flu today, so I went thru images to take my mind off of how I felt. I love going back thru images from past trips, it sort of takes me back there. This is definitely some place I want to go back to this fall.

Cambo 1600 IQ3 100 32 Rodenstock

Caddo Lake State Park-5.jpg

tsjanik

There are many more levels to the metaphorical inferno than the nine in Dante's. I accompanied my wife to a violin shop. A fascinating place with the appearance and decor one would expect for the display of classical instruments. The room behind the violin shop houses a guitar shop. Very much rock/folk oriented and its appearence is also appropriate. Prices range into Inferno levels in both. Fuji GFXr.

Attachments

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
There are many more levels to the metaphorical inferno than the nine in Dante's. I accompanied my wife to a violin shop. A fascinating place with the appearance and decor one would expect for the display of classical instruments. The room behind the violin shop houses a guitar shop. Very much rock/folk oriented and its appearence is also appropriate. Prices range into Inferno levels in both. Fuji GFXr.
Oh yes! I went cello shopping once. It seems that each new thing that an instrument can do well doubles its price. $5,000, it sounds nice. $10,000, it can sound nice in different ways. I played one note on an $80,000 cello and I felt like I had awakened Smaug. But these things get up into the price range of old Bugatti's. When a great instrument becomes available, almost no performer can afford it. So a bunch of the old farts decide which up-and-coming young virtuoso deserves a surprise Stradivarius. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that happens. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.