The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Fuji GFXr using a 1960s 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar. Many of the old Pentax 35mm lenses offer good coverage on the sensor and have a lovely rendering. This was shot @f1.4

Tom

Attachments

JohnBrew

A night shot with a lot of moving parts. The biggest challenge was getting the right geometry to align the model's hand with the north star. Enjoy with or without the 90 minutes of star trails.

Phase One IQ4150 on a Cambo body with Canon 24mm TSE.
Simply awesome! Thanks for sharing.

vieri

Etretat's cliff, Normandy, at sunset

The stunning cliffs at Etretat, Normandy. 24 seconds of exposure at sunset with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

darr

Fuji GFXr using a 1960s 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar. Many of the old Pentax 35mm lenses offer good coverage on the sensor and have a lovely rendering. This was shot @f1.4

Tom
Very beautiful rendering and composition Tom!
Love the color! ❤

Best to you,
Darr

dj may

Last week I did a requested workshop on the creative process. I used the below image as an example. It is a 360 degree view of the Swiss alps. The left edge and the right edge are the same point. To the left is Wetterhorn, Monte Rosa is in the middle and the Matterhorn is to the right.

The participant reaction was priceless, as in stop breathing. Contributing to that was the immense about of detail, which is unfortunately not visible in a web version. There is a person standing on hill about a third of the way from the left. This person is identifiable (I hope I do not need a model release). https://djessemay.com/new-images/140-swiss-alps-in-360-degrees.html

Leica S, Super-Elmar-S 24

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Etretat's cliff, Normandy, at sunset

The stunning cliffs at Etretat, Normandy. 24 seconds of exposure at sunset with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Vieri, that's stunning. Your photos continue to amaze. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

tsjanik

Very beautiful rendering and composition Tom!
Love the color! ❤

Best to you,
Darr
Thanks Darr. Many older lenses may not have the MTF curves of modern lenses, but they do have a wonderful rendering, something you clearly appreciate based on many of your lovely photos. Perhaps lens designers paid more attention to less quantitative aspects of lens design in the past.
Best,

Tom

darr

Thanks Darr. Many older lenses may not have the MTF curves of modern lenses, but they do have a wonderful rendering, something you clearly appreciate based on many of your lovely photos. Perhaps lens designers paid more attention to less quantitative aspects of lens design in the past.
Best,

Tom
I absolutely agree!

I favor lenses with personality over clinical sharpness these days. But, it also depends on what I am shooting. It is such a great time to be a photographer with so many options for a unique look found stashed away in our closets.

Best to you,
Darr

Grayhand

GFX50(r) 32-64

Got to keep you on your toes Ray! :ROTFL:
It is not as much of "on your toes" as it is flat on my back when i visit the coast...
Third storm now in so many weeks, the west part of Sweden is getting close to a 50 year high regarding water levels in some of the rivers.

But it does produce some "dynamic" sunsets now and then.

Ray

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.