The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Third storm now in so many weeks
Yep, we have lots of flooding despite new flood defences being built, lots of folk waking up to flooded homes for the 3rd time in just a few years in another "once in a hundred year" flood. And some are still in denial over climate change!
(and we have more weather warnings today for rain and snow!).

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
And some are still in denial over climate change!
(and we have more weather warnings today for rain and snow!).
And from my experience many are realizing that building in historical flood plains or removing natural drainage with concrete/asphalt isn’t so smart either ... ditto here in the US.

My sympathies for those historic locations being affected though.

As a Brit who has watched this develop over the last four decades and who lived in flood prone East Anglia where, guess what, the old houses we built or relocated out of the flood plains!

AlanS

Yes, even places that have never historically had a flood problem are being affected!
Sorry to go off topic!:OT:

Shashin

...another "once in a hundred year" flood. .
As a Certified Floodplain Manager (yes, there really is such a thing), a one-hundred-year floodplain does not mean it floods on average once every hundred years. That that means is there is an annual 1% of flooding (the reciprocal of 100). That does not seem like much, but if you have a 30-year mortgage on a home in that floodplain, you have approximately a 1 in 4 chance of that flooding (at least once) over the course of that mortgage. Basically, do not buy a home in a floodplain--the odds are not good. For those in the USA, if you want to know if your home is in a floodplain, go here: https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home

And one note on flood maps: they are made from historical data. That means with climate change those maps are underestimating risk (assuming they are accurate from the get go).

We will now return to regular programming...

drevil

Staff member

Houhai lake in Beijing
I wasn't allowed to go up to the water front, maybe the water was contaminated with the covid virus?, but from this bridge on the side it was also a nice view nonetheless!

GFX100 + TS-E 50mm, slightly shifted upwards

darr

Spring Has Sprung

CAMBO WIDE + Schneider 65/5.6 Super Angulon + CFV-50c

We have a beautiful lake and park at our local library, and I go there for books and to test cameras. Today I tested an old Cambo Wide 650. I bought it to take on road trips for shooting panoramas with film, hoping it was lighter and more portable than my Linhof MT, which it is. I grabbed my digital back to see what it could do with the old lens. This is a ten stitched image (over 90" wide) and looks better when not shrunk. The only way the digital back will orient on this Cambo is in vertical position, so I guess it was made for pano stitching. It was a bit breezy so the spanish moss is blowing around, but overall the image is sharp. Spring has arrived in Tallahassee. Hoping great weather for you wherever you are.

Kind regards,
Darr

citizin

Went to do a location scout for a potential portrait, got distracted by all the lines in the snow drifts, this is my pick out of the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.