The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
GFX 100 and Laowa 17mm .. it was only a matter of time.

The traditional sidewalk just outside B&H shot (sorry about the banding. It's not there in the tiff, but I can't get rid of it on display):

I did the accidental ISO 102,400 shot, showing that there is, indeed, some headroom on this chip. Here it is OOC and -5 stops

Subway, taking advantage of the fluorescent lights right above the frame. They make lovely flare!

And a random architecture shot at the AMC.

Best,

Matt

darr

Re: Spring Has Sprung

Lovely Darr, but no springing here in W. NY - blizzard warning (not joking)!
Tom,

I hope you and your family are making out okay with the weather. I saw photos from Hoover Beach/Hamburg, NY and thought of you.
I do not know exactly where in W. NY your are, but I know how the weather can be up by the Great Lakes, as I lived in Manistique, MI (UP) for a long year once.
Beautiful country, but snow and ice for many months.

Best to you,
Darr

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 45-100

Look behind me, second installment
This evening's sunset at the sea, the cloud cracks open 10 minutes before sunset.
Almost too much color and contrast.

Ray

Knorp

GFX50(r), 45-100
How do you like the GF 45-100/4, Ray ?

I've cancelled my pre-order yesterday, because my dealer could not deliver the lens by the end of February, they think it will be probably more like early April.
Anyway, after giving it a hard thought I decided to wait for the next round of deals.

Grayhand

How do you like the GF 45-100/4, Ray ?

I've cancelled my pre-order yesterday, because my dealer could not deliver the lens by the end of February, they think it will be probably more like early April.
Anyway, after giving it a hard thought I decided to wait for the next round of deals.
Well Bart, I was considering what to do earlier when it was revieled. It is rather close to the 32-64 at a quick glanse, but you will loose a bit at the wide end.
Switch the camera to 35 mm mode with the 32-64 at 32mm and then subtract 5% more. And then you see what you will get in the wide end.

But I relly like my 100-200mm and its OIS system, I prefere to do a lot of shooting in the woods in the summer and autumn without having to drag with me any tripod also. And with the 32-64 hand held in dark woods means high ISO. And I know that the 45-100 will kill of a loot of usage of the 32-64.

I use a Lowepro ProTactic BP 350 AW ll backpack. It is possible to get the 50r camera and 3 lenses in there with the rest of the neccesary utilities.
I refuse to carry any more on the loong walks in the woods. So I must make choicses. And it looks like it will be 100-200 and 45-100 with out a doubt.
It would ouf course be easy to always trow in the 23mm, but it is relly wide, and the 32-64 is not wide enough..

I did test a Voightlander 28mm lens for my Leica on the 50r with almost no vingeting. So this got me thinking.
Nikon has an old PC lens, the 28mm 3.5. This should cover the sensor and give me some shift possibilities.
So I have to look a bit closer at the Nikon lens. Maybe 100-200 and 45-100 + 28 PC

But back to the 45-100. The picture is hand held, with the camera held with straight arms away from the body, ISO 100, F11, Expos comp at +0.3 with resulted in a shutterspeed of 1/5.3 Seconds. So I have fait in the fact that the OIS will do what I need, especially if I hold the camera in a more sensible way. And regarding optical quality of the Fuji lenses, I dont worry any more. And the size is what it is, and I dident think about it when I started to use it.
The size of the lenses for the GFX system is some thing you have to come to terms with before you buy into the system, we know they will not be minuscule..

My dealer here in Sweden seems to be having their own pipe line direct from Fuji, so they got 5 lenses on the 28 of february. They always seems to get new equipments from Fuji on the stated date of first delivery.

So on the 29:th I got a mail from Dante, wondering why I was procrastinating, so it was just to press the "Buy" button :chug:

Ray

Knorp

Well Bart, I was considering what to do earlier when it was revieled. It is rather close to the 32-64 at a quick glanse, but you will loose a bit at the wide end.
Switch the camera to 35 mm mode with the 32-64 at 32mm and then subtract 5% more. And then you see what you will get in the wide end.

But I relly like my 100-200mm and its OIS system, I prefere to do a lot of shooting in the woods in the summer and autumn without having to drag with me any tripod also. And with the 32-64 hand held in dark woods means high ISO. And I know that the 45-100 will kill of a loot of usage of the 32-64.

I use a Lowepro ProTactic BP 350 AW ll backpack. It is possible to get the 50r camera and 3 lenses in there with the rest of the neccesary utilities.
I refuse to carry any more on the loong walks in the woods. So I must make choicses. And it looks like it will be 100-200 and 45-100 with out a doubt.
It would ouf course be easy to always trow in the 23mm, but it is relly wide, and the 32-64 is not wide enough..

I did test a Voightlander 28mm lens for my Leica on the 50r with almost no vingeting. So this got me thinking.
Nikon has an old PC lens, the 28mm 3.5. This should cover the sensor and give me some shift possibilities.
So I have to look a bit closer at the Nikon lens. Maybe 100-200 and 45-100 + 28 PC

But back to the 45-100. The picture is hand held, with the camera held with straight arms away from the body, ISO 100, F11, Expos comp at +0.3 with resulted in a shutterspeed of 1/5.3 Seconds. So I have fait in the fact that the OIS will do what I need, especially if I hold the camera in a more sensible way. And regarding optical quality of the Fuji lenses, I dont worry any more. And the size is what it is, and I dident think about it when I started to use it.
The size of the lenses for the GFX system is some thing you have to come to terms with before you buy into the system, we know they will not be minuscule..

My dealer here in Sweden seems to be having their own pipe line direct from Fuji, so they got 5 lenses on the 28 of february. They always seems to get new equipments from Fuji on the stated date of first delivery.

So on the 29:th I got a mail from Dante, wondering why I was procrastinating, so it was just to press the "Buy" button :chug:

Ray

Thank you, Ray.
For long walks I'll stick to my 32-64 and 100-200 for now.
As for the 45-100: to Hell with Dante ... :grin:

Krgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.