The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Took out the 17 Laowa and the 23 Fuji (my telephoto :ROTFL:) on the GFX100. First the 23:

Time is running short!

The 17mm is a rectilinear lens, so this curved path really *is* curved.. And the horizon is level - it just happens to be a hill. I'm still surprised by the resolution of this stupid system. There's a cyclist in the distance, and you can see his spokes.

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

vieri

Mesa Arch, a classic that never gets old

It appears that is now "fashionable" to tag any landscape photograph on Instagram as "Mesa Arch", with the intent of keeping the real location undisclosed - seeing that yesterday, while exploring Northumberland for a future Workshop, made me think about the "real" Mesa Arch, and I went to look in my archives for an image of the Arch to share.

Mesa Arch is such a unique location, and being there at sunrise to witness the arch glow with the first sun's light is a truly unforgettable experience! An old photo taken in 2016 with my then Pentax 645z, Pentax 28-45mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I would imagine the 17mm would be great with one of the Fuji panoramic crop formats...
It really is. Very low distortion!

Here's something odd, though. The image I see in C1 is lighter than the exported image. If I then import the export back into C1, it is still darker. Here's what I see on the screen while editing:

That's what I thought I was getting. Look at the bright reflections off the fence wires. They're absent in the export, as seen in the post above. All Adobe RGB. Other measurements, like brightness of the pavement, are quite different. Anyone have experience here?

Matt

Craig Stocks

Another one from Death Valley. IQ4150 with a Canon 24mm TS-E lens on a Cambo body. The Canon 24 isn't the greatest lens but it's comparable (or slightly better) than my Phase One 28mm and offers a wider angle of view and movements. Here I used tilt to maintain focus from foreground to background.

Attachments

jng

Deconstructed tulip

2020-03-08 11-23-49 (C)-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/11 | 13-image focus stack

John

Status
Not open for further replies.