The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

I really enjoyed these last two images of yours. They would make interesting prints. Congrats.
Thanks! I had posted the first of these some time ago in BW, but in color (+ everyone in isolation) these seem to be better. I look forward to printing them again, this time in color.

Ed Hurst

Love this shot, Shashin! Full of energy and excellent use of the colour palette within the shot. Mesmerising...

The motion blur looks interesting - like a complex mixture of different types of movement. My best guess is that the camera was rotated horizontally (though bouncily so - not smoothly) while the branches of the tree were simultaneously moving up and down a little in the wind. Is that correct? Care to share anything else about the method that went into the shot, technical details, etc.?

However you did it - love the results!

Ed

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Love this shot, Shashin! Full of energy and excellent use of the colour palette within the shot. Mesmerising...

The motion blur looks interesting - like a complex mixture of different types of movement. My best guess is that the camera was rotated horizontally (though bouncily so - not smoothly) while the branches of the tree were simultaneously moving up and down a little in the wind. Is that correct? Care to share anything else about the method that went into the shot, technical details, etc.?

Ed
It is amazing, isn't it?

My guess would be moving past the tree and keeping the camera aimed at the trunk. The trunk and the two small trees next to it are not very motion blurred. Anything closer or further away is.

But this is far the most beautiful image of that type I've seen (whatever the technique used)!

Matt

Shashin

Ed
Thank you. Your comments are very much appreciated.

As Matt pointed out, this is taken from a moving car (30-45 mph) with an ND filter. The differential in the blurring is caused by motion parallax. The trick is aiming at a single point (the trunk in this case) and keeping the camera vertical, as well as your hands on the wheel and an eye on the road--OK, the last part is not correct (my wife was driving). Composition, as you can imagine, comes with luck and patience (and hopefully smooth roads). The images will be very flat, but once you adjust contrast in post, the colors come back very well.

vieri

Castro de Las Gaviotas at sunrise

Looking like a pair of giant legs, Castro de Las Gaviotas is a truly imposing and impressive sea arch. 25 seconds of exposure at sunrise with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters. I can't wait for us all to be able to travel again freely, and to go back to Asturias, in Spain, at the end of September!

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

jng

I noticed this lovely camellia while wandering around the garden yesterday afternoon...

P04_05_2020_23373_C1_4x3-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/11

Hope that everyone is staying healthy and safe!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.