The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Sultan Mosque, Singapore at blue hour. Fujifilm GFX100 with GF23. Perspective control partially corrected in C1 and slightly cropped.

sultan-mosque.jpg

Last edited:

alajuela

Hello

As everybody here, we are keeping busy in a confined space.

My wife buys flowers so I shot these the other day

IQ4150 Achro, 90mm Rodenstock, Arca Swiss metric F camera, of course on tripod. Natural lighting

Was not sure where to place, Achro, Tech, Med Format so I went for medium format and here we are.

Thanks for looking

Phil

P. Chong

Nice one Phil...not sure if you have shown it elsewhere, but could you show your setup? Do you know the magnification of the image?

Hello

As everybody here, we are keeping busy in a confined space.

My wife buys flowers so I shot these the other day

IQ4150 Achro, 90mm Rodenstock, Arca Swiss metric F camera, of course on tripod. Natural lighting

Arne Hvaring

One of my least used lenses is a Canon EF 15mm fisheye. I bought it back in the film days and have taken it out and snapped a few images now and then and then put it back in the drawer. Since I now have the Techart adapter, I was curious to try it on the GFX 100 to see how it coped with the larger, high resolution sensor. To my surprise there is no vignetting, just a moderate sharpness loss and increased CA at the edges. F8-11 seems to bring the best performance. With the larger sensor it becomes even more "fishy", so one has to be careful not to include part of the photographer in the picture. AF is a bit hit and miss (mostly), MF seems to be the way to go.
The real problem with this lens (or any fisheye) for me is rather to find subjects that lend themselves to the fisheye treatment.
Here are a couple of shots to give an indication of how it looks on the GFX 100.

Greg Haag

Greg, happy to see your post. Your name came to mind after the tornado. Glad you made it OK.
Thank you John! Looking at the damage it is amazing no one died, had it not been for all the businesses closed due to the coronavirus I think the outcome would have been much different. We had significant damage to a commercial property, but no one was hurt.

alajuela

Nice one Phil...not sure if you have shown it elsewhere, but could you show your setup? Do you know the magnification of the image?
Hi

The setup is an Arca Swiss F Metric with a Rodenstock 90mm and a Phase IQ 4150 Achromatic back.

It is photo stacked about 24 images, I used Helicon Focus

I shot at about f8 1.6 sec was the shutter speed, I took a test frame and adjusted. Used electronic shutter, with cable release.

For magnification, well I shot from about 2 - 3 feet away - so as to fill the frame - there was no cropping, one of the great things about both a tech and especially the Arca View camera is you can frame exactly like you want. Also the view camera is great for photo stacking,

Here is what it looks like,

Goes on a RRS tripod with a Arca Swiss Cube

Still playing with more lenses and flowers - a safe thing to do these days

Let me know if I forgot to mention something

Thanks

Phil

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

On previous safaris I've taken DSLRs and long white lenses. This time I elected to go with the MF because I'm more interested in showing landscapes with animals in them, rather than close-up telephoto shots which could be taken in a zoo. in fact, I gave up nothing using the MF because a 150 mpx back allows so much cropping that you have the best of both worlds.The second shot is a crop of the first at 100%.

Londolozi Private Nature Reserve, SA. Phase One XF/150/240 mm. (Which I've found to be an outstanding lens. - sharp as a whisker one might say!)

With apologies for posting a cat picture.

jng

I got up before dawn this morning hoping to catch the waning almost-full moon as it set over the ocean behind the Golden Gate Bridge. Alas with thick cloud cover this was not meant to be. However while prepping my gear last night, I took a quick peak outside and then ran up the street to catch the moon just as it rose over the tree tops.

Rising super pink moon

P04_07_2020_23382_C1 cropped-FrameShop.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/8

John

tsjanik

I've been spending more time hiking in the forest than I normally would. I'm not sure why I find the attached image intriguing, it's certainly not what I would typically consider a classic photographic view of the forest. Maybe an effect of social distancing.

_DSF8758-Pano copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

D&A

Tom, my interpretation is maybe the intriguing nature of your image is the close proximity of each tree to the others (with their small limbs extending out to touch others). It is the antithesis of social distancing, representing the longing for the days prior to the present day situation.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

alajuela

On previous safaris I've taken DSLRs and long white lenses. This time I elected to go with the MF because I'm more interested in showing landscapes with animals in them, rather than close-up telephoto shots which could be taken in a zoo. in fact, I gave up nothing using the MF because a 150 mpx back allows so much cropping that you have the best of both worlds.The second shot is a crop of the first at 100%.

Londolozi Private Nature Reserve, SA. Phase One XF/150/240 mm. (Which I've found to be an outstanding lens. - sharp as a whisker one might say!)

With apologies for posting a cat picture.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.