The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Homebound. So shoot the garden. Fern with back lighting from afternoon sun. Fujifilm GFX100 with GF50 + 18mm tube.

fern.jpg

tsjanik

nice shot
Thank you.

Nice, Tom! Out of interest, which 75mm is it?
Ed, Thanks, the FA version. An excellent lens, and additionally very compact and light (likely the lightest MF lens). I believe it's the same optical formula as the A version. I do appreciate the solidity and precision of the A versions, but I also appreciate AF.

NB I should mention that this is a heavy crop and ISO 3200. Recently I have been examining some old slides and have been reminded that the level of performance of modern cameras is remarkable.

D&A

Yes, the FA 75mm as Tom mentioned is incredibly small (read: tiny) and light, especially for a MF lens. The one FA lens that always fools me is the FA 150mm f2.8. It's of course quite a bit larger in size (somewhat akin to the FA 120 f4 macro), yet is a featherweight as though they neglected/forgot to put most of the internal glass elements inside. If only Pentax could come up with a lighter weight MF camera body to use with one these light weight lenses, they would once again have a very competitive MF system to compete with the recent additions by Hasselblad and Fuji in terms of weight and size when body/lens combo's are taken into consideration.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Thanks guys - i have experimented with the 75mm FA in the past and found it to be good. However, in the end, my 75 of choice is the 6x7 75mm f2.8AL. I find it to be exceptionally good in various ways, but certainly larger than the 645 FA!

Status
Not open for further replies.