The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone

I am heartbroken to read the GetDPI forum will shut down on June 1. I have been a longtime lurker and very occasional poster. But let me say that I got into MF because of this forum. I have learned a lot from everyone who has posted and from those who have answered my questions. I am grateful to all of you and wish you the very best going forward.

To the forum founder, I'm sorry the sponsors couldn't hang in there to continue to support this site. I realize these things are always a labor of love, and I thank you for starting the forum and for all the years you have put into it.
+1

Now one question. While I understand that running such a page is a lot of work, hosting costs should be still somewhat manageable? I could also very well think that this is the most active P1 / Hasselblad resource on the web, and possibly even the most active one for high-end gear altogether. That must be valuable to them?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm extremely sorry to hear of the pending demise of this forum. Although I have met very few of you in person, I count you all as friends who have inspired and encouraged me.

This will leave a big hole in my daily life. But I wish the founders and supporters all the very best for the future.

SahotaR

oh no, GetDPI is the only forum that i visit on daily basis, specially the Medium Format section.

I am not sure what the cost of running this form is but I am happy to pay an annual subscription just to keep it going and I am sure there will be others who will pay.

I hope admins look into the subscription model.

darr

I am very sadden about the looming shut down of GetDPI. I would gladly pay a membership fee to keep it going, and surely many others would do so too. IMO, there is no other photo forum with the friendly and professional personality of GetDPI. If members can help keep it afloat, I hope the owners will explore any options available.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I am very sadden about the looming shut down of GetDPI. I would gladly pay a membership fee to keep it going, and surely many others would do so too. IMO, there is no other photo forum with the friendly and professional personality of GetDPI. If members can help keep it afloat, I hope the owners will explore any options available.
Thank you Darr . I feel the same here and would very much like to join in to your comment .

tcdeveau

+1

I'm really saddened by the news and I'd also happily contribute. It's such a great resource and community and I hope there's a way to keep it going.

D&A

I very much agree with everyone's sentiments regarding the intrinsic value of Getdpi to all of us and the various possibilities of establishing a way to keep the site going, especially from a financial point of view. Might I suggest maybe starting a separate thread in an appropriate forum on this site regarding this topic, so that it doesn't detract from the continuity of posting images here in this thread...especially as it pertains to "all" of Getdpi. Otherwise I can anticipate various threads starting in different places (on Getdpi), discussing this very topic. Hopefully there is adequate time to resolve this issue in order to keep Getdpi as the wonderful site it has been all these years.

Dave (D&A)

darr

I very much agree with everyone's sentiments regarding the intrinsic value of Getdpi to all of us and the various possibilities of establishing a way to keep the site going, especially from a financial point of view. Might I suggest maybe starting a separate thread in an appropriate forum on this site regarding this topic, so that it doesn't detract from the continuity of posting images here in this thread...especially as it pertains to "all" of Getdpi. Hopefully there is adequate time to resolve this issue in order to keep Getdpi as the wonderful site it has been all these years.

Dave (D&A)
Dave I just started a thread, “How Can We Help GetDPI Stay Alive“

https://www.getdpi.com/forum/site-talk/68477-how-can-we-help-getdpi-stay-alive.html

gurtch

Status
Not open for further replies.