The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Bearded Iris

2020-05-05 19-15-14 (C)-FrameShop_1.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/11 | 27-image focus stack

I needed a change of pace from just taking cat pics from my desk while in lockdown, and it's been a glorious spring after all...

John

AndereObjektiv

May Forest

X1D & HC50II Aerial & HX adpater - Adapted lens slightly misses infinity focus - accidental soft focus. Phocus philes are phablous. What a camera.

On the last full day in Paris in January, 2020, I took this overdone viewpoint of the Eiffel Tower, but feel the ghostly figures in the foreground add a sense of mystery the the image. All in all, we spent two weeks in Paris at the end of December and the first part of January and got very lucky with only one day of rain, but cold weather. This was the first time I had a tripod in Paris and used it almost every day inside and out and never was told it wasn't allowed, must have had something to do with the time of year.

GFX50S GF32-64 lens, f22 and 120 sec.

Paris by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
On the last full day in Paris in January, 2020, I took this overdone viewpoint of the Eiffel Tower, but feel the ghostly figures in the foreground add a sense of mystery the the image. All in all, we spent two weeks in Paris at the end of December and the first part of January and got very lucky with only one day of rain, but cold weather. This was the first time I had a tripod in Paris and used it almost every day inside and out and never was told it wasn't allowed, must have had something to do with the time of year.

Paris by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
Lovely, Patrick.

I'm curious, was it a crop or a perspective correction in post? I have the 32-64 and I haven't found its shift button :cool:

Thanks,

Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Matt, I used the perspective correction from both Lightroom and Photoshop. I hope the shift police won't be coming after me now.
I love perspective correction, but it’s easy to lose the lower corners, and I have to be sure they’ll be in the corrected image. It’s worse (terrible) with ultrawides, like the GF 23 or (yikes!) the Laowa 17.

Anyway, yours worked out beautifully.

M

jng

Super flower moon setting over the Golden Gate

P05_07_2020_23467_C1 4x5-FrameShop_1.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/11

John

PeterA

Thanks for looking.
Stunningly beautiful and all the more so for the movement of the people/ghosts in the shot - one of the best examples of this view I've seen.

tsjanik

Thanks for looking.
Lovely images Patrick. How fortunate to have your trip just before the world changed. January is a great time to visit Paris. Crowds are virtually non-existent. Attached is a picture taken inside the Louvre from some time ago; quite a contrast to the summer months. Taken with a Pentax 645N.

Tom

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.