The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone

Taken a while ago. Actually, when I look at these old files, my impression is that it was much easier to get natural looking colors (of course, this is now a BW conversion, but still). With my newer backs, it always has been more work to extract what I want from the raw.

Austria

CF004463.jpg

Hasselblad 500CM, CF50mm, P20+

Last edited:

P. Chong

Thanks!

I found a chap, ex H tech who does it in Denmark. I think for €365. He does recalibration and I think the foam is replaced.

https://hasselbladrepair.com/service-2/digital-back/

I have lost my eyecup, and Hasselblad wants way too much for a replacement. My buddy printed one for me. It’s not as comfy, as it’s a hard polymer. But works and stays on. I have heard others have put a touch of superglue on the eyecup with good results.

Yeah it isn't too difficult. I would've really like to have replaced the foam around it, but the one in the back was still in great shape. I ordered mine off ebay from this seller. https://www.ebay.ca/usr/kolari_vision_llc. They do custom ones that aren't 100% colour accurate, he was able to supply an OEM one for a bit more money, $200USD.

Mastercraft from Canadian tire. It's a great set, I picked it up for 70%+ off and it's pretty solid. It even has those weird Triangle and three blade phillips style bits.

Yeah, I've never had any good experiences with their USA sales or service. I always end up doing KEH or B&H since their North America Website doesn't think Canada is a valid place in NA to ship to. My next task is to replace the horrible $100(cdn) eyecup that falls off easier than it rips in sub -10c weather. I've got a full leather kit coming that I'm excited to try.

Last edited:

P. Chong

What’s worse, the problem occurred again after about 6 months. And Hasselblad wanted to charge me the same amount to do the same. Luckily for me, my agent, Shriro, fought to have it done for no further cost. Have been working ok since the second replacement, abt 2 years now.

If that's all there is to it and HBlad took 8 weeks and $1200 from you, that's criminal. Sorry if that's the case.

citizin

Thanks!

I found a chap, ex H tech who does it in Denmark. I think for €365. He does recalibration and I think the foam is replaced.

https://hasselbladrepair.com/service-2/digital-back/

I have lost my eyecup, and Hasselblad wants way too much for a replacement. My buddy printed one for me. It’s not as comfy, as it’s a hard polymer. But works and stays on. I have heard others have put a touch of superglue on the eyecup with good results.
Calibrating is really easy too with a chart or ruler since it's all manual. I've done it before in a few mins.

The 3d printed ones look uncomfortable and pretty jank, I subscribe to the superglue and a thick elastic to hold them on, but after this past winter, it got bittle and there are a few superglued fissures on the eye-cup, again making it look jank. I'm hoping to have a nice baseball stitched suede replacement since I'm starting a fine collected of the eye cup black-plates.

P. Chong

How do you calibrate the sensor? What do you adjust and what do you look for?

Calibrating is really easy too with a chart or ruler since it's all manual. I've done it before in a few mins.

The 3d printed ones look uncomfortable and pretty jank, I subscribe to the superglue and a thick elastic to hold them on, but after this past winter, it got bittle and there are a few superglued fissures on the eye-cup, again making it look jank. I'm hoping to have a nice baseball stitched suede replacement since I'm starting a fine collected of the eye cup black-plates.

vieri

Tre Cime di Lavaredo, Dolomites - a less classic view

This is a less classic - but not less impressive - view of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, on the Dolomites. 161 seconds of exposure right after sunset with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have reactivated my HB 905SWC + CFV 50 .
I have shown this image in the iPHONE image thread and went back to that place (just 5 minutes from here) this afternoon . Perfect social distancing , I was all alone .
As I have never really used my 905SWC in the past , I thought I will awake this orphan .

GEIGER SWC 4346 PP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.