The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

John, where in the world do you find these interesting flowers?:)
Dave - these grow like weeds all around our garden, which together with the cineraria (also like weeds) and others make it very colorful this time of year.

John

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Only about 30 minutes' drive from the centre of Sydney, Long Reef provides a surprisingly gentle, peaceful location for a night picture.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm DA lens

[/url]Long Reef by night by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

vieri

Torre dei Scarperi at sunset, Dolomites

The beauty of the Dolomites isn't just in those few famous locations that we always see on social media. There is much more than that, there are so many incredible vistas and landscapes to photograph that it would take a lifetime to portray them all! This is Torre dei Scarperi at sunset, 16 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and my Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Ed Hurst

Re: Torre dei Scarperi at sunset, Dolomites

The beauty of the Dolomites isn't just in those few famous locations that we always see on social media. There is much more than that, there are so many incredible vistas and landscapes to photograph that it would take a lifetime to portray them all! This is Torre dei Scarperi at sunset...
Lovely! I hear you about the lifetime thing... Photography makes me realise how short one lifetime is. Curiously, it's not mainly frustrating but humbling in a beautiful way.

vieri

Lovely! I hear you about the lifetime thing... Photography makes me realise how short one lifetime is. Curiously, it's not mainly frustrating but humbling in a beautiful way.
Thank you Ed! :) To me, it's not frustrating at all, as you said it is humbling, making us realise how small we are, and inspiring at the same time, since no matter how many times I return to any locations, I always find something new and exciting to do with it (or, at least, I try!) :)

Best regards,

Vieri

PeterA

Only about 30 minutes' drive from the centre of Sydney, Long Reef provides a surprisingly gentle, peaceful location for a night picture.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm DA lens....
Absolutely stunning Ed - and so is the golf course to play!

JoelM

Thank you Ed! :) To me, it's not frustrating at all, as you said it is humbling, making us realise how small we are, and inspiring at the same time, since no matter how many times I return to any locations, I always find something new and exciting to do with it (or, at least, I try!) :)

Best regards,

Vieri
In 2003 I, along with some buddies, were guests of Aprilia. They lent us some motorbikes and we rode through the Alps and the Dolomites. It was magnificent and I highly recommend it.

Joel

vieri

In 2003 I, along with some buddies, were guests of Aprilia. They lent us some motorbikes and we rode through the Alps and the Dolomites. It was magnificent and I highly recommend it.

Joel
I hear you Joel, during my motorbike days (long gone, sadly) I absolutely loved the alpine & dolomitic roads! :) Best regards,

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
And at the other end of the saturation spectrum... Sometimes the geometry of the limbs and leaves just pull you in.

Fuji GFX 100 120/4 @f/16. Not IR, I just like making my foliage white in Post.

Huh. I just tried Silver FX Pro again. More realistic, and more depth. Not sure which I prefer:

Matt

Last edited:

dave.gt

And at the other end of the saturation spectrum... Sometimes the geometry of the limbs and leaves just pull you in.

Fuji GFX 100 120/4 @f/16. Not IR, I just like making my foliage white in Post.

Huh. I just tried Silver FX Pro again. More realistic, and more depth. Not sure which I prefer:

Matt

Really nice, Matt! :thumbup:

The first one is almost "heavenly", with a bright, cheerful feel.:)

The second one has the depth and detail in the highlights that draw you into it. So, it is mysterious.

I prefer the cheerful, bright version as it is a welcomed change from the recent 24/7 bad news of late.

Thanks for sharing.:)

stngoldberg

This AM I noticed this flower in my wife’s garden. I was amazed of the intensity of the red color contrasted with the bright yellow in the center, and wondered if the Phase One back would be able to capture the depth and brilliance of the magenta.
Well congratulations to Sony and Phase One...you nailed it without any help from Capture One or Photoshop.
Stanley
Hasselblad 120 macro lens with Phase One back...1/90 sec, f8, ISO 50

Attachments

B L

stngoldberg said:
This AM I noticed this flower in my wife’s garden. I was amazed of the intensity of the red color contrasted with the bright yellow in the center, and wondered if the Phase One back would be able to capture the depth and brilliance of the magenta.
Well congratulations to Sony and Phase One...you nailed it without any help from Capture One or Photoshop.
Stanley
Hasselblad 120 macro lens with Phase One back...1/90 sec, f8, ISO 50
The red and yellow just floating over the green. 3D pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.