The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Too much time on my hands...I played around with a recent image to suggest a painting. For those that don't know, before I got my B.S. and M.S. Engineering Degrees from Drexel, I had out of high school a full tuition and fees scholarship to The Tyler School of Fine Arts at Temple University. I did not finish. I actually studied under Dean Boris Bly (sculpture)
Dave in Nj
www.modernpictorials.com
D835 framed.jpg

gurtch

Spent all day editing and finishing three images I had stashed away from our car trips to out of the way places. Here is the third image. It is a bit "busy", but I like it anyway as it gives me the feeling of being there. GFX 50R 32-64mm lens, ISO 400 f13.
Dave in NJ
D836 framed.jpg

vieri

Carn Galver Mine, Cornwall

Besides featuring some incredible landscapes, Cornwall, in the UK, is a testament to the mining past of the UK. Dotted with abandoned and ruined engines and mining sites, some of which have been turned into open air museums, together with the Atlantic skies the Cornish landscape offers endless possibilities for dramatic B&W. This is Carn Galver Mine, 106 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

ShaunQ

Shooting a few pics of my friends boat custom built for fly fishing in the ozzy tropics, gotta love that soft winter sun. XF • IQ360 • SK80

Quentin_Bargate

I don't know what everyone is doing during lockdown, but I have been teaching myself to bake bread!

Baguettes in a wicker basket. Challenging, but the end result was marvellous!

Fuji GFX100, 120mm macro, 2 x Profoto B10 lights and softboxes.

tsjanik

I don't know what everyone is doing during lockdown, but I have been teaching myself to bake bread!

Those are beautiful Quentin. I tried making my own baguettes a few times as I am not happy with those commercially available. Mine were OK, but not deserving of the effort. Yours look marvelous, clearly a crisp exterior. Is the inside chewy, offering good "tooth"?

Tom

Photon42

So what is the winning recipe? I am interested.

vieri

Lake Dobbiaco, Dolomites, before sunrise

Besides the famous peaks, the Dolomites feature many small lakes, surrounded by the mountains and all very atmospheric and inspiring - either thanks to the ubiquitous fog, or because of the reflections they create - or both, like here. This is Lake Dobbiaco before sunrise, 102 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and my Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri

Quentin_Bargate

...Yours look marvelous, clearly a crisp exterior. Is the inside chewy, offering good "tooth"?

Tom
Absolutely. Made with just 4 ingredients - strong white flour, water, yeast and a pich of salt. Proved for18 hours in the fridge for added bounce and flavour. Crunch crust and soft interior. :thumbup:

anyone

Re: Lake Dobbiaco, Dolomites, before sunrise

Besides the famous peaks, the Dolomites feature many small lakes, surrounded by the mountains and all very atmospheric and inspiring - either thanks to the ubiquitous fog, or because of the reflections they create - or both, like here. This is Lake Dobbiaco before sunrise, 102 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and my Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri
Beautiful image! Looks like I need to schedule a trip to the Dolomites. It's on my list since a few years, but your pictures give additional motivation!

jotloob

Subscriber Member

That looks very very crispy .:thumbs: Could I please have one for breakfast tomorrow morning .

D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Lake Dobbiaco, Dolomites, before sunrise

Vieri
Vieri, that's amazing! The composition, light, tones, everything...amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.