The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Re: Lake Dobbiaco, Dolomites, before sunrise

Beautiful image! Looks like I need to schedule a trip to the Dolomites. It's on my list since a few years, but your pictures give additional motivation!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, the Dolomites are simply spectacular - you won't be disappointed!

Vieri, that's amazing! The composition, light, tones, everything...amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Joe
Hey Joe, thank you very much indeed, that is very kind of you to say, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Last edited:

joakim

Than you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, the Dolomites are simply spectacular - you won't be disappointed!

Hey Joe, thank you very much indeed, that is very kind of you to say, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Beautiful image. An off-topic question, how do you find it working with the X1D II display at low levels when viewing the Live View or using the touch screen interface?

Quentin_Bargate

Another studio food shot, this time its olive bread, stuffed with heritage tomatoes and confit garlic, with basil, baked by yours truly :)

Fuji GFX100, 120mm Macro, Profoto B10's

vieri

Beautiful image. An off-topic question, how do you find it working with the X1D II display at low levels when viewing the Live View or using the touch screen interface?
Thank you very much Joakim, glad you enjoyed the photo :)

About your questions.

About the touch screen, I generally much prefer to use the EVF than the touch screen. There are two reasons for that, the first is that looking in the EVF I am more "focussed" to what I am doing, less distracted by what goes on around me. The second reason, a much recent one sadly, is that I am wearing glasses (always had) and in recent years I started to need a different pair of them to read / work up close, so rather than carrying two pairs with me I'd rather use the EVF which, thanks to its diopter control, allows me to keep with far glasses on :) With the X1D II, I can control everything, menus included, keeping my eye at the EVF and using either the wheels / buttons or the touch screen without looking at it (i.e. to move the focus point).

About working in low light, I never found it to be difficult to do that with the X1D (either I or II), except for shooting the northern lights in complete darkness, in which case I normally compose roughly, take a test shot and adjust my composition accordingly - unless I have something close that I can shine some light on, of course, in which case there is no problem.

Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

Another studio food shot, this time its olive bread, stuffed with heritage tomatoes and confit garlic, with basil, baked by yours truly :)

That's it - I am going to have lunch now! :D We'll have homemade bread as well, baked this morning, but just plain one, no amazing stuffing such as yours! :D

Great job on the bread and on the photo!

Best regards,

Vieri

D&A

These photos should be banned from the forums immediately!!. How is one supposed to get any work done while salivating over these delectable culinary delights. I could also add much criticism to these postings by your omission of including homemade jams and churned butters made that morning as a accompaniment. The very least you can do to make reparations, is to post step by step instructions of exactly how to make these breads. Once completed, you'll be free to post additional images of your escapades in the kitchen. All I can say is "Yum" as there is nothing like a freshly made proper baguette. At least you stuck to forum rules of photographing with a medium format camera...all 100MP at that.

Dave (D&A)

D

Deleted member 7792

From a few years ago, as the remnants of Hurricane Nate passed through West Virginia:

More here.

Joe

Quentin_Bargate

These photos should be banned from the forums immediately!!. How is one supposed to get any work done while salivating over these delectable culinary delights. I could also add much criticism to these postings by your omission of including homemade jams and churned butters made that morning as a accompaniment. The very least you can do to make reparations, is to post step by step instructions of exactly how to make these breads. Once completed, you'll be free to post additional images of your escapades in the kitchen. All I can say is "Yum" as there is nothing like a freshly made proper baguette. At least you stuck to forum rules of photographing with a medium format camera...all 100MP at that.

Dave (D&A)
Dave, I feel your pain :cool:

If it’s any consolation, I baked rustic walnut bread this afternoon, but I won’t post a shot of it for some hours...;)

Exploring the craftsmanship of Breguet Marine 5817
Fujifilm GFX 100
GF 120mm Macro + MCEX-45G macro extension tube

This last shot is a 5 photos manually stacked using Photoshop.

D&A

Dave, I feel your pain :cool:

If it’s any consolation, I baked rustic walnut bread this afternoon, but I won’t post a shot of it for some hours...;)
Did you mean pain or "pain" (bread)...LOL.

A classic combination is cranberry & walnut bread. A pic of that would belong in the NSFW forum :).

Dave (D&A)

Ed Hurst

Two lovely shots in a row taken with A series Pentax 645 lenses - which isn't new glass by any means. Holds up well, doesn't it?

P. Chong

Just as I was about to start on a new project for a new client doing food delivery...a business which is booming in these days of isolation. I might still post some of the out takes anyway. 😅

Dave (D&A)

Ed Hurst

Thank you Ed! I'll post another one with the same set up. Do you have your camera back yet?

Maasvlakte, Rotterdam
Pentax 645Z A 150

Not yet, Michiel. But soon! I had confirmation that it's back in Australia today and on its way to C.R. Kennedy in Melbourne. So, after they receive it and despatch it to me, there's a good chance I will have it before the weekend. I am mightily impressed by the speed of the turnaround, especially in the current global situation. Already planning a couple of celebratory shoots!

Love this shot too, by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.