The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jng

Potentilla indica (Indian strawberry)

2020-06-20 16-32-03 (C,Smoothing2)-FrameShop.jpg

X1D | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 13-image focus stack

I was walking in the neighborhood this morning and I noticed a plant bearing these tiny little fruits (ca. 1 cm in diameter). This image seems particularly appropriate for my expanding Pandemic Floral Portraits series...

John

drevil

Staff member

Todays Solar Eclipse as seen from Beijing, or as i call it, moon's photobombing

GFX100 with 250mm with a large crop, for the next eclipse i gonna rent a canon 800mm

dave.gt

Many times since becoming a member of this amazing community, I have been in awe of the talent, skill, and creativity of everyone here. I always appreciate your sharing of places and people near and far.:thumbs: I have learned a lot!

Perhaps it would be ok if I made a simple request for sharing of any MF images made in Bavaria, and other places nearby, especially, The Black Forest.

I have been reading about the area lately and it is tiring seeing stock photos posted on-line.

So, tourist photos? Portraits? Landscapes? Anyone?:grin:

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member
Sorry for nit picking...BUT... the black forest is not in Bavaria its in Baden-Wuerttemberg

anyone

Perhaps it would be ok if I made a simple request for sharing of any MF images made in Bavaria, especially, The Black Forest.

I have been reading about the area lately and it is tiring seeing stock photos posted on-line.

When I'm already directly asked ... Apologies if i posted this one earlier.
As said before, Bavarians are our neighbours, but I assume Baden-Württemberg did not put in a lot of marketing efforts :grin:

May I ask how you got interested in my beautiful home area?

hoewenegg_2.jpg

Linhof Techno, Rodenstock 90mm, P45+, Stitch from two images

PS: it was surprisingly difficult to find a picture. I seldomly photographed back then just outside my home I suppose.

Last edited:

vieri

Impromptu Dolomites sunrise

One morning, on the Dolomites, driving back to the hotel after our sunrise session we saw some incredible light hitting a distant peak. We just had the time to stop, take the camera out and take a couple of shots, and the light was gone. I almost never shoot handheld, but this is one of the very few images I didn't have the time to setup a tripod and so I did. 1/90 seconds exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra polariser.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

dave.gt

When I'm already directly asked ... Apologies if i posted this one earlier.
As said before, Bavarians are our neighbours, but I assume Baden-Württemberg did not put in a lot of marketing efforts :grin:

May I ask how you got interested in my beautiful home area?

View attachment 150049

Linhof Techno, Rodenstock 90mm, P45+, Stitch from two images

PS: it was surprisingly difficult to find a picture. I seldomly photographed back then just outside my home I suppose.
Ah, thank you! Beautiful!

Over the years, I have always been interested in beautiful images of mountains and villages throughout Europe. Architectural, landscapes, and cultural images. During the last several months, I have had more time to dream of visiting the areas in Germany I read about. Travel books and internet research has been a good way for me to relax and dream a little.

Bavaria has always interested me and, of course, The Black Forest is certainly a beautiful place for anyone to have on their travel list.

I think I miss the annual mountain retreats and touring most since the Covid 19 lockdown started. It may be a long time before we can return. Sadly, I don't see a lot of hope for a vaccine or other way to avoid the virus in the near future.

So, daydreaming is all I can do for awhile. I can't even imagine living in such a beautiful place.:thumbup:

dj may

Many times since becoming a member of this amazing community, I have been in awe of the talent, skill, and creativity of everyone here. I always appreciate your sharing of places and people near and far.:thumbs: I have learned a lot!

Perhaps it would be ok if I made a simple request for sharing of any MF images made in Bavaria, especially, The Black Forest.

Not the Black Forest, but the Bavarian Woods near the Czech border. I lived in Munich for three years.

Leica S, Elmar-S 30

anyone

Dave, I digged a little in my archives for you and scanned this picture from 2009 from a hike in black forest.

Black forest

Bild 001_crop_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80, Agfa Optima 100, Scan with Flextight

dave.gt

Wow, thanks, Jesse! That is gorgeous. :thumbup:

And.. anyone, totally stunning to see two images, totally different from the same region. Love that color!!! :thumbup:
Thank you for digging a little deeper!

And both images with two of my favorite cameras.:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.